British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2024

On 4/2/2024 at 12:54 AM, crescent girl said:

First meeting

Any reason why all the Championship sides show their team declarations on the British Speedway website, but the Gladiators list is blank?

28 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Any reason why all the Championship sides show their team declarations on the British Speedway website, but the Gladiators list is blank?

Possibly because they team they've announced may not be the 1-7 that's declared?!

• Haha 1

When Plymouth decided to start their season a couple of weeks later, there was a discussion of how that would affect the BSN series / hold it up. But now Oxford & Scunthorpe have had postponements, with the weather looking very dodgy up in Scotland, doesn't look like Plymouth's delayed start will cause any issues.

On 4/1/2024 at 6:14 PM, screm said:

Now that they have been granted a facility, I take it Plymouth are still actively looking for a new rider. 

Well if history repeats itself probably not.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 6:14 PM, screm said:

Now that they have been granted a facility, I take it Plymouth are still actively looking for a new rider. 

Well looking at this this clubs recent history I wouldn't bank on it.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

A very harsh statement. The Plymouth team was announced in good time with all riders fit.

In the very last race in Argentina their No 1 gets a serious injury. By this time no no 1 s were free who were able or willing to race on a Saturday.

It looks as if the original no1 is hoping to be fit enough to ride by mid May.

Perhaps you would like to see them out of speedway all together. Yes it is a long way to Plymouth for visiting fans but te sae can be said for Plymouth supporters of any sports team. If you look at the Plymouth Argyle away support this averages well over 1000.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sherborne Green said:

A very harsh statement. The Plymouth team was announced in good time with all riders fit.

In the very last race in Argentina their No 1 gets a serious injury. By this time no no 1 s were free who were able or willing to race on a Saturday.

It looks as if the original no1 is hoping to be fit enough to ride by mid May.

Perhaps you would like to see them out of speedway all together. Yes it is a long way to Plymouth for visiting fans but te sae can be said for Plymouth supporters of any sports team. If you look at the Plymouth Argyle away support this averages well over 1000.

Speedway is struggling for clubs unfortunately. If there were more teams in the top two divisions Plymouth would be banished back to the NDL where they belong.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, lewy said:

Your vendetta against Plymouth is pathetic as is your total lack of respect for the ndl,which is where the future of British speedway is nurtured,not some hellish place that teams you have a vendetta against get banished to as some form of punishment.

22 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Thats a bit of an arrogant statement mate, Plymouth are generally well supported with a decent away following it's just a pity that a lot of riders don't want to travel down to Plymouth for home meetings, plus the racetrack is not a favourite of many riders though Mark Phillips has tried to extend the track a little over the close season, I wish Plymouth all the best for 2024 and hope they can get some decent weather to complete the Track improvements.

Bellers101 thinking the above posts are funny just vindicates everyone's opinion of him.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2024 at 11:47 PM, Bellers101 said:

Well if history repeats itself probably not.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2024 at 11:49 PM, Bellers101 said:

The rules were changed last year where a 28 day facility is not extended. Both Wolves & Scunny had to adapt where, from memory, Wolves used guests up to 75% of Beckers average where we used guests for a few meetings then made 2 changes (which I was not happy about at the time)

• Like 1

Why do Plymouth get so much grief (on various sites) for their rain-offs? Currently they've raced the same amount of home fixtures (0) as Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oxford (Cheetahs), Redcar & Workington.

Plymouth can race on Tuesdays & Saturday, whilst clubs like Edinburgh, Oxford & Redcar also have to fit in 5 NL fixtures. 

Yet still many act like Plymouth will be the club holding everyone up etc. I just don't get the negativity towards Plymouth?

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Why do Plymouth get so much grief (on various sites) for their rain-offs? Currently they've raced the same amount of home fixtures (0) as Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oxford (Cheetahs), Redcar & Workington.

Plymouth can race on Tuesdays & Saturday, whilst clubs like Edinburgh, Oxford & Redcar also have to fit in 5 NL fixtures. 

Yet still many act like Plymouth will be the club holding everyone up etc. I just don't get the negativity towards Plymouth?

NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON’T CARE.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

With all the rain offs already,and we're not even in summer yet lol we will still be racing at Xmas,at least all clubs are in the same boat (Ark) lol