British Speedway Forum
Hooky

Sheffield Tigers 2024

3 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Agreed. After Trick, I'd put Crump joint second with Nicki P in the list of best riders I have seen since following the sport since 1999.

That year he rode the Welsh Open, never seen anyone ride Newport like that. Especially in their first lap.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes agreed Crump unfortunate not to win more titles which was because of Tony. 

Pedersen for me just had a bit more of a ruthless streak compared to Crump. Also the man to stop Rickardsson winning 3 on the trot. Crump tho I think got 10 top 3 medals in a row. But if both in their primes, Pedersen would of beaten Crump for me. Either way both superb riders. Now back to Sheffield 2024 :lol:

• Like 1

Had a look on You Tube at the race between Nicki and Chris in the Semi Final.

Pinny is right Chris was fortunate not to be excluded.

28 minutes ago, spin king said:

Had a look on You Tube at the race between Nicki and Chris in the Semi Final.

Pinny is right Chris was fortunate not to be excluded.

Correct and its laughable anyone would suggest different. Pedersen had made the gate and Holder rode straight through him and was out of control in the process. 

How on earth that was all 4 back i will never know. Must of been the same ref who excluded Phil Morris at Newport twice when Anders Henriksson completely wiped him out on turn 1 twice in the same meeting years ago! 

holder should of been excluded without a doubt.

20 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Anyone know if this heat is available on you tube or anywhere?

Search: Holder v Pedersen for SGP 2012 gold!

Ok, I now seen the race, twice.  For me, all four back. If the ref had to see one go I would have said Holder.

7 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Is Starrs tomorrow?

Don't know, but would guess at Thursday 16th.

Seems to have been switched to third Thursday of month.

On 10/20/2023 at 10:37 PM, LagutaRacingFan said:

I would go for Tobi over Woffinden.

Tai is looking to top-up his pension fund and his focus will be on the GPs.

Tobi will give it 110% and will put his body on the line.

Agree 100% as much as I like Tai  I feel Tobi will always give us that 110% every match right through the season.

I'd rather have both. But if you held a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd go woffinden over Tobi. Musielak is a fantastic racer and no doubt he's always given 110% for us. But I feel like woffy gave a bit more with how he team rode and didnt just go for fresh air.

And though it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me, woffinden does bring that star treatment. Definitely seemed there was more at Owlerton after we'd signed him. 

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

I'd rather have both. But if you held a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd go woffinden over Tobi. Musielak is a fantastic racer and no doubt he's always given 110% for us. But I feel like woffy gave a bit more with how he team rode and didnt just go for fresh air.

And though it doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me, woffinden does bring that star treatment. Definitely seemed there was more at Owlerton after we'd signed him. 

very classy towards ipswich fans :nono:

9 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

very classy towards ipswich fans :nono:

I'm sure they'll get over it. Ipswich fans are well known on this forum for not holding grudges.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

I'm sure they'll get over it. Ipswich fans are well known on this forum for not holding grudges.

They are well versed in getting over most things and are a very tolerant friendly bunch of followers of the sport but the even they may be dismayed by this cowboy who simply shows no respect, has ideas above his station and proves what a despicable individual he is. Let’s see what reception he gets next time he turns up at Foxhall. I know a few who would like words with him but I doubt he would face up to them. If he has any balls come on the forum and explain yourself and explain why you felt it was necessary to spout the rubbish that you did. You Tai are not man enough. 

• Like 1