British Speedway Forum
Hooky

Sheffield Tigers 2024

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Can't believe they've dropped Tobi for any of these lot... Hope they finish bottom next year

Very tough decision, probably came down to Woffy been cheaper than Tobi and he rode so well for us they probably think he can improve his average. Jack Holder absolute class on his day no denying it, was only Emil averaging more before his injury 

As it’s been said suppose it depends how much money Tobi wanted and also how much extra is paid for flights etc and another years loans fee would have cost compared to possibly someone who might be UK based .  Hope Tobi gets fixed up (believe he’ll be riding close to his mechanic Maciej’s base) as he’s a bloody exciting rider to watch 

8 hours ago, Hooky said:

Assuming the points limit is 40, I imagine the team will look pretty much like this:

1. J Holder 8.91
  2. Howarth 5.47
  3. C Holder 6.67
  4. Pickering 6.53
  5. Woffinden 8.26
  6. 4.16?
  7. Gilkes RS

Left with 4.16 to play with at reserve. Do we go for Etheridge? Who else could fit?

I was surprised that Sheffield decided not to go with Tobi, but was even more surprised to see that he is averaging nearly 9 points a match. Taking that into consideration, I guess it's a classic case of a rider riding himself out of a job.

If that line up is correct, Holder on 6.67 makes sense considering what they have to fit in, but the averages game is always unfair on riders who have a high average that might be difficult to match.

He has always been one of the most loyal Poles in British speedway, so hopefully he will get a team place elsewhere if he wants one.

9 hours ago, Hooky said:

Assuming the points limit is 40, I imagine the team will look pretty much like this:

1. J Holder 8.91
  2. Howarth 5.47
  3. C Holder 6.67
  4. Pickering 6.53
  5. Woffinden 8.26
  6. 4.16?
  7. Gilkes RS

Left with 4.16 to play with at reserve. Do we go for Etheridge? Who else could fit?

C Holder 7.16 J Pickering 6.78 K Howarth 5.41 (with discount).Final averages from British speedway official web sight.

Sad to see Tobi go.

I would imagine that all of the clubs that will be competing in the Premiership next season will be looking and sounding him out for a team spot next season.

Top rider and Top bloke.

• Like 2

Gutted as Tobi gives everything for the team and is also a team rider... would have gone with Tobi and Tai personally over Jack and personally would have gone Bomber over CH if the expected team is announced... For me both Holders are class on there day but complete individuals but Bomber Tai and Tobi get into the team ethos and look out for each other on and off the track.  This comes to personal opinions though.

11 hours ago, Hooky said:

1. J Holder 8.91
  2. Howarth 5.47
  3. C Holder 6.67
  4. Pickering 6.53
  5. Woffinden 8.26
  6. 4.16?
  7. Gilkes RS

Personally I’d like us to be able to fit one of the Cook brothers in instead of Kyle. He’s been a loyal servant to Sheffield but I think we need to freshen it up if we want to have a chance of winning the league again. Can’t see Kyle upping his average any more. 

25 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Personally I’d like us to be able to fit one of the Cook brothers in instead of Kyle. He’s been a loyal servant to Sheffield but I think we need to freshen it up if we want to have a chance of winning the league again. Can’t see Kyle upping his average any more. 

I believe Ben is on his way to Belle Vue, if the limit goes to 41 with 7 teams then I think Zach would fit in at reserve.

I’d be happy with that. Those 2 lads have made good progress since they came here and barring serious injury I think they will be top riders 

J Holder -  8.91

Kyle H - 5.47

Josh Pickering - 6.78

Bomber - 6.37

Tai - 8.26

Zach Cook - 5.10

Gilkes or Edwards - RS

Fits to the rumoured 41 points limit = 40.89

3 hours ago, psycho3a said:

J Holder -  8.91

Kyle H - 5.47

Josh Pickering - 6.78

Bomber - 6.37

Tai - 8.26

Zach Cook - 5.10

Gilkes or Edwards - RS

I would prefer Jason Edwards

• Like 1

5 hours ago, psycho3a said:

J Holder -  8.91

Kyle H - 5.47

Josh Pickering - 6.78

Bomber - 6.37

Tai - 8.26

Zach Cook - 5.10

Gilkes or Edwards - RS

That'll take some beating on home shale 

18 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Can't believe they've dropped Tobi for any of these lot... Hope they finish bottom next year

Well that's nice of you.cant believe they dropped Tobi for quote "any of these lot" well,any of these lot as you put it still happen to be class riders.maybe a little bitterness creeping in for whatever reason?

18 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Why?

Tobi must cost a lot with having flights to pay for especially. Woffy living back in UK and both Holder boys live here during the season.