British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Glasgow Championship Final 2nd Leg 11/10/23

19 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

:cheers: may the best team win, preferably the Scottish one 

Tough to call. A lot of time for Stevie W. Like to see him lift the trophy. Reserves the key.

6 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I'm sure every morning Tarasenko wakes up and the first thing he thinks is "what is the Bournnemouth Echo saying today"

Christ, there’s nothing worse than a smart arse, but there’s nothing better than one whose failed to read the full discussion, so ends up looking obnoxious.

I said if I was Cami Brown, I’d be printing the quote and putting it on the wall of Glasgow’s pits area for motivation. At no point does that require Tarasenko to seek-out a local media outlet.

You’d have known that, had you read the discussion.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I’m not saying it’s controversial, but a fan making that statement is entirely different from an opponent doing so.

If I’m Tarasenko, I’m wondering why a Poole rider is speaking about me to the media, especially Worrall’s suggestion that his unfamiliarity with Wimborne Road might be a weakness for Glasgow. It doesn’t have to be controversial to motivate someone.

It's a play off final. They shouldn't need extra motivation!! 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It's a play off final. They shouldn't need extra motivation!! 

You’re now just making throwaway statements, Lisa.

No-one is saying anyone should require additional motivation, but they’re sportsmen; their motivation has propelled them to this level.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall

On 10/10/2023 at 12:04 AM, Gazc said:

Don’t you just love a Shovlar introduction all that’s missing is the musical sound effects with a big bass drum slowly building to a crescendo.

Also what has a Tom Cruise film got to do with Speedway.

I can't hand out any more likes as apparently I've used them up so had to just reply instead.

Bit of a mix up the other night, for years I've always seen it as being one reserve can take any ride so could take 2 r/r, but diff rule for the playoff final for TS, then also read somebody else's post on here about the r/r being both reserves and joined them up or read it wrong.  Anyway they've increased the meds so ok now lol.  Is it Tuesday today.  :o 

23 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

You’re now just making throwaway statements, Lisa.

No-one is saying anyone should require additional motivation, but they’re sportsmen; their motivation has propelled them to this level.

You should know by now that the woman is just brain dead. It's like random words just come out of her mouth. It is worrying that shes actually a fully grown adult.

Would be great to see Glasgow win this actually just to see her have a meltdown and come out with every excuse under the sun. But if Poole do choke, we will have to listen to Gavan going on and on for ever gloating so its a tricky one isn't it?!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Christ, there’s nothing worse than a smart arse, but there’s nothing better than one whose failed to read the full discussion, so ends up looking obnoxious.

I said if I was Cami Brown, I’d be printing the quote and putting it on the wall of Glasgow’s pits area for motivation. At no point does that require Tarasenko to seek-out a local media outlet.

You’d have known that, had you read the discussion.

My word you are a humourless over sensitive delicate little flower.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You should know by now that the woman is just brain dead. It's like random words just come out of her mouth. It is worrying that shes actually a fully grown adult.

Would be great to see Glasgow win this actually just to see her have a meltdown and come out with every excuse under the sun. But if Poole do choke, we will have to listen to Gavan going on and on for ever gloating so its a tricky one isn't it?!

You will be disappointed then. We have won it last 2 seasons so what have I got to have a meltdown about? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

My word you are a humourless over sensitive delicate little flower.

Agree,don’t why people get Personal regarding Posts,we all have some different  opinions on some matters some differ some don’t, it should be left at that IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You will be disappointed then. We have won it last 2 seasons so what have I got to have a meltdown about? 

Wasn't I meant to be on your blocked list? LOL.

If Glasgow win this tonight, you will come rolling out the excuses forever.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Latest weather radar shows rain close by. A large cell of light rain has developed over Devon and is pushing east. Fingers crossed it passes to the north of Poole.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

just arrived in poole skys pretty dark looking 

3 minutes ago, mac101 said:

just arrived in poole skys pretty dark looking 

Think it's a question if when rather than if it rains, but median forecast suggests 9pm so fingers crossed

Edited by arnieg