British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Poole - 2023 KOC Final

I'm sure Poole will be the happier of the two teams, but this is far from over, given Scunthorpe drew at Poole in the play-offs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Championship for next season going to look different. Two big hitters max, low ave, 38 for 7 riders and so far, no Basso, Brennan, Pickering, Douglas, Morris, poss Worrall R, . All heat leaders, Worky or Northside stepping up to replace Birmingham, Team building going to be very tight for 5 and 6 point ave riders. If all true

I have to say I'd be delighted if all of those moved up. Some might sink, some might swim, but all of them (aside from maybe Pickering) are capable of more than the British second division. Hopefully more riders like Doyle and Rasmus Jensen in recent years, who looked like they could get stuck in the Premier League but will be in the Ekstraliga next year.

Edited by RogerM22

Just now, Bagpuss said:

I applaud any rider who leaves behind the easy money of the Championship to broaden their horizons abroad.

Totally agree, mega respect for riders aiming to move up in the sport & leave the Championship behind. It's only in the last 5/10 years, that the very top Champ riders have decided to stay & double up "forever".

7 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Championship for next season going to look different. Two big hitters max, low ave, 38 for 7 riders and so far, no Basso, Brennan, Pickering, Douglas, Morris, poss Worrall R, . All heat leaders, Worky or Northside stepping up to replace Birmingham, Team building going to be very tight for 5 and 6 point ave riders. If all true

We should be ok. Both Cooks are in low averages. Lawson keeps his low by working on it. Rowe just over 5. Bring in Cerniak and  Dominic Kubera on 5 point averages and we will be fine. :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Interesting that Ryan Douglas said he is leaving Scunthorpe because he wants to upgrade. What better place to ride than Poole, where he loves the track? 

Douglas is a good rider in the Championship and aspires to progress, but he has limitations as have been on display in the Premier league this season. He already rides Poland in league one and won’t get a spot in the Extraleague. May as well come south and ride for Pirates.

If he means upgrading in the championship then Poole would be a great place to go. Think he wants trophies and Poole are always in the hunt. Where else could he go? Glasgow, Poole, Redcar,  Oxford?

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

If he means upgrading in the championship then Poole would be a great place to go. Think he wants trophies and Poole are always in the hunt. Where else could he go? Glasgow, Poole, Redcar,  Oxford?

He doesn't mean that! He said he wants to do Sweden along with Poland. Does nobody listen to interviews lol. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

He doesn't mean that! He said he wants to do Sweden along with Poland. Does nobody listen to interviews lol. 

I didn't lol

3 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

He never said “upgrading” he said he won’t be riding championship as he has options in the second and third polish divisions and in Sweden 

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

I didn't lol

Tbf you prob didn't watch the stream? Sure Shovvy did though lol. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Sweden ride Tuesday and Thursdays so how is he going to ride Premier league? 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Tbf you prob didn't watch the stream? Sure Shovvy did though lol. 

No interview broadcast on the stream as far as I heard. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He came out on the centre green and did an interview to the fans 

28 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm sure Poole will be the happier of the two teams, but this is far from over, given Scunthorpe drew at Poole in the play-offs.

Not over but although Douglas and Kemp are likely to score well, they will need support.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sweden ride Tuesday and Thursdays so how is he going to ride Premier league? 

Maybe he isn't? Or can you just do Tuesdays? Is Thursday's the lower league there? 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep, interviewed at beginning with Kemp