British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

14 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Don't Brits who are riding for Polish clubs have to go to the Friday practices too? Should we be trying to avoid riders who ride in Poland and go for  Chris Harris and Claus Vissing etc. 

Masters and Pickering didn’t unless they practiced on the Sat.

On a 38 point limit is bringing bomber back on just under 9 using too much of our points? Looking through the league I think guys like flint, Allen, mpt, the cooks could name their price with all the big names leaving and being on 7ish averages

Example on 38 that fits by my calcs

Bomber

Bellego

Rew

Bailey

New 5 pointer

Lee

Ace

Edited by Jaizer

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

On a 38 point limit is bringing bomber back on just under 9 using too much of our points? Looking through the league I think guys like flint, Allen, mpt, the cooks could name their price with all the big names leaving and being on 7ish averages

He's expensive, but he's really reliable, has immense experience and can help the rest of the team and provide a composed figure in the pits - which we need. I think his off-bike value is gold for the rest of the team.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

He's expensive, but he's really reliable, has immense experience and can help the rest of the team and provide a composed figure in the pits - which we need. I think his off-bike value is gold for the rest of the team.

100%. Difference he made to other riders in the side I think was difference between this year and previous years. And tbh, with half the big hitters leaving his average could even go up!

59 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

You take Bomber regardless of what average he's on. It's #5 and #3 that'll be difficult this season.

Tarasenko on a 5 should be appealing.

que the meltdown.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Tarasenko on a 5 should be appealing.

que the meltdown.

I think he wants to come to Plymouth mate,learn to  ride a small track.:lol:

Edited by lewy

1 minute ago, lewy said:

Could live with that reluctantly as that would probably cause even more seethe.

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Example on 38 that fits by my calcs

Bomber

Bellego

Rew

Bailey

New 5 pointer

Lee

Ace

What would Rew and Bellego's averages be? I can't find them anywhere.

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

What would Rew and Bellego's averages be? I can't find them anywhere.

Both 4.00 in prem so I'm working off current conversion rate being 6.00

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

100%. Difference he made to other riders in the side I think was difference between this year and previous years. And tbh, with half the big hitters leaving his average could even go up!

If the limit is 38 & teams should end up on 42 (on average) every rider should be looking to put 0.5 on their ave without even improving.

But like you say, with some of their main rivals gone, anyone on 8+ averages could be looking at an even bigger increase.

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

His average is 3.25. Even with reduction is 3.16. Although I haven't looked into the criteria for 2 pointers, be strange to have him as one imo. 

9 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Trying to think back to last time had RS in champ sure were 3s categorised. But then they had 3 categories if I remember correctly.

I think it was something like:

4* 3.50-6.50

3* 3.00-3.49

2* 2.50-2.99

1* 2.00-2.49

Something like that, I remember Flint (just below 3.5) being a lower grade than Bickley (just above 3.5).

Very lopsided looking averages, as it was basically designed to allow Josh Bates to be a RS in the top division.

11 hours ago, lewy said:

He can never be World Champion if he doesn't learn how to ride small tracks don't forget...:D

Next Yr is a difficult one to call at the moment I know tigers want to stay in championship,  but if Poole & Oxford go up then the championship is very weak all of a sudden as rumour is Birmingham are going up & Pete Adams taking over , but if they stay with comets back I see the sense in staying put ..but if one or two teams go up there is little difference in amount of teams in league etc ...tigers want to keep Fri night & Sundays & that's another point for them ...but the alarming point is the reduction of points limit as low as 36 tho I've heard its more 38 & the riders who are leaving the championship league racing there is a few already so it's going to be diluted down & clubs will not reduce the admission ( tho glasgow need to reduce the child admission ( £15 for a 12 Yr old child is ridiculous ) that needs addressed , if fans are getting a weakened product & it will be you can't keep putting prices up  it won't wash ...I would look at going up its worth a try but only if there was another few teams in top league as I said about Poole Oxford...there is more to our club than just going on about local derbies with monarchs whos track existence is in trouble apparently.. we have to wait & see I suppose ...as for a few riders back I know everybody is in awe of bomber & so we shud he's been everything for us & he was the biggest reason we won title & we all want him back no matter his average but that's up to management & Chris , I wonder if connor will be back he's improved & if he had good bikes wud continue to improve so who knows danyon is a great lad & on the up , sadly I don't see claus back as for Ben & tom I've no idea with foreign commitments & international gb & den I'm not sure they will do championship if its reduced to a strong ndl league ..but Ben & tom are popular & we wud all love them back , but it's speedway teams are changed every yr 

55 minutes ago, Barabas said:

Next Yr is a difficult one to call at the moment I know tigers want to stay in championship,  but if Poole & Oxford go up then the championship is very weak all of a sudden as rumour is Birmingham are going up & Pete Adams taking over , but if they stay with comets back I see the sense in staying put ..but if one or two teams go up there is little difference in amount of teams in league etc ...tigers want to keep Fri night & Sundays & that's another point for them ...but the alarming point is the reduction of points limit as low as 36 tho I've heard its more 38 & the riders who are leaving the championship league racing there is a few already so it's going to be diluted down & clubs will not reduce the admission ( tho glasgow need to reduce the child admission ( £15 for a 12 Yr old child is ridiculous ) that needs addressed , if fans are getting a weakened product & it will be you can't keep putting prices up  it won't wash ...I would look at going up its worth a try but only if there was another few teams in top league as I said about Poole Oxford...there is more to our club than just going on about local derbies with monarchs whos track existence is in trouble apparently.. we have to wait & see I suppose ...as for a few riders back I know everybody is in awe of bomber & so we shud he's been everything for us & he was the biggest reason we won title & we all want him back no matter his average but that's up to management & Chris , I wonder if connor will be back he's improved & if he had good bikes wud continue to improve so who knows danyon is a great lad & on the up , sadly I don't see claus back as for Ben & tom I've no idea with foreign commitments & international gb & den I'm not sure they will do championship if its reduced to a strong ndl league ..but Ben & tom are popular & we wud all love them back , but it's speedway teams are changed every yr 

Now read that out aloud in one breath.

• Haha 4