British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

2 hours ago, MD said:

I can't but suppose time will tell.

With you on that one, I'd not be surprised to see Pickering back at a similar level in due course.

Then again, good on him for giving it a go. I can't say I understand those crabbing Tom Brennan choosing to move up either - it's his career and his cross to bear if it goes south.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Absolutely nothing and will be in high demand,  maybe Glasgow definitely going Premiership and Brennen is already in someone's plans in that league?  Probably wrong, but can't imagine many reasons  to shed him at the moment. 

Definitely wrong. :drink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MD said:

I can't but suppose time will tell.

If you watch Pickering & Douglas in Poland they are far from the Top.With the Continental riders coming through they will have their work cut out (look how long they have been Championship riders).They probably earn bigger money over there though.(if the get paid).Wish them well whatever they do though they are entertainers.

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If you watch Pickering & Douglas in Poland they are far from the Top.With the Continental riders coming through they will have their work cut out (look how long they have been Championship riders).They probably earn bigger money over there though.(if the get paid).Wish them well whatever they do though they are entertainers.

Likewise, I wish both well, however Douglas can gate, Pickering can't consistently. At a higher level it will be exposed and its points that help riders stay in contention for team places.

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think they are both giving up Championship so they can commit more to Poland. Josh said on a podcast he was riding at Armadale on a Friday night then driving to London to catch a flight to Poland to race on Saturday.  Polish teams have practice sessions and they were missing those.

On a plus side for us Championship fans if these top riders are giving up our league for Poland maybe we can get back to regular weekly home meetings instead of working round riders schedules.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kerryxo said:

Confirmation that Brennan, Basso, Tarasenko, Vissing & Nowak will not be in next year's team.

Hoping this means Bomber, Complin & Pijper are!

https://glasgowtigers.co.uk/four-more-leave-tigers/?fbclid=IwAR0wdtxwKBQR3oTQ_lmGv3KuQ_QFntx5LOkEiRfkCgeOoVuHKlMllpeX8pg

I wasn't expecting Basso, Tarasenko and Brennan back but i'm surprised that Claus won't be around in 2024

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kerryxo said:

Confirmation that Brennan, Basso, Tarasenko, Vissing & Nowak will not be in next year's team.

Hoping this means Bomber, Complin & Pijper are!

https://glasgowtigers.co.uk/four-more-leave-tigers/?fbclid=IwAR0wdtxwKBQR3oTQ_lmGv3KuQ_QFntx5LOkEiRfkCgeOoVuHKlMllpeX8pg

Very surprised Claus isn't in their 2024 plans on a 6.24 average. A heatleader round Ashfield and better than that average away.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Very surprised Claus isn't in their 2024 plans on a 6.24 average. A heatleader round Ashfield and better than that average away.  

Can't remember the last genuinely good season he had. Obviously had an eye on this season during 2022, but he was far from the rider I'm sure Glasgow were expecting.

Edited by RogerM22

The Championship is going to look very different in 2024. 

• Like 3

"Brown says that the new team will be revealed midway through next month following the British Speedway AGM as the management continue to finalise new riders."

No messing around by the sounds of it. Good to hear. 

• Like 1

Not unexpected news. Tarasenko was never going to be allowed to do a full season in champ by his polish club. won't take risk on Marcin again given what happened this season. Ben deserves to give Poland a real go without rushing around for flights after Friday meetings. Claus is pushing 40 and coming back from injury.

As others have said hopefully means have bomber Lee and ace as a base to build from. 

• Like 1

Vissing probably the only decision the club has had to make out of those. 

Imagine Piper will be considered a RS, if they are back, otherwise it could be a long tail

29 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Can't remember the last genuinely good season he had. Obviously had an eye on this season during 2022, but he was far from the I'm sure Glasgow were expecting.

2019 when last at Glasgow.

He was an 8 point average rider at home this year.

• Like 1