British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Could see Kye Thompson being interested if they were after him.Blows abit hot and cold but could improve his average

It’s hard to ignore other riders on the up as well. The likes of Edwards, Jenkins and Gilkes. I don’t know if they’re already destined for elsewhere. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

It’s hard to ignore other riders on the up as well. The likes of Edwards, Jenkins and Gilkes. I don’t know if they’re already destined for elsewhere. 

Edwards is on a 2 year deal at Redcar I think. Would expect Jenkins to stay at Oxford especially if they are keeping Boughen and Killeen at reserve. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Gilkes definitely one I'd be thinking of. Had never seen the place prior to u21 final and he was excellent that day. Seems to get his fair share of injuries though 

• Like 1

With the loss of 4 riders and assuming  Bomber, Lee and Ace remain we need riders that can score well at Ashfield and who are also likely to improve. Winning our home matches has to be the priority. So to me Connor Bailey is a no brainer. Thereafter who knows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

Just for fun within the rumoured 38 point limit……assuming we’re keeping Bomber, Lee and Ace.

Harris, Pickering, Zische, Hume, Borke, Complin, Pijper.   37.96  (maybe too many can run a bit hot and cold though)

Assuming you're keeping Bomber ,Lee and Ace no idea if these will fit Worral,Borke,Hume and Thompson possibly they're over the limit 

45 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

With the loss of 4 riders and assuming  Bomber, Lee and Ace remain we need riders that can score well at Ashfield and who are also likely to improve. Winning our home matches has to be the priority. So to me Connor Bailey is a no brainer. Thereafter who knows.

Do you think Lee it’s in Tigers plan !

Probably better options 

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Do you think Lee it’s in Tigers plan !

Probably better options 

Yes, I think he is. His form at the tail end of the season showed he's great value if he's got a good engine.

50 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Assuming you're keeping Bomber ,Lee and Ace no idea if these will fit Worral,Borke,Hume and Thompson possibly they're over the limit 

THREE RIGHT

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Yes, I think he is. His form at the tail end of the season showed he's great value if he's got a good engine.

I think Lee and bomber are good characters to have around the pits and for interaction with the fans too. Was reminiscent of the never to be forgotten Danny ayres in the Oxford and Poole meetings with Lee 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MANSE said:

THREE RIGHT

I'll go 5 lol

35 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I think Lee and bomber are good characters to have around the pits and for interaction with the fans too. Was reminiscent of the never to be forgotten Danny ayres in the Oxford and Poole meetings with Lee 

Yes. Even if there had been a rider who could've come in mid season for Lee and done better - which there wasn't - it would've been a terrible move because he was so good at getting the crowd and the kids hyped up. Not enough riders work the crowd, but he's brilliant.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

To me Connor would be good at home but his away form lets him down most of the time he has not put much on his ave this year think it’s just under a point 

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

To me Connor would be good at home but his away form lets him down most of the time he has not put much on his ave this year think it’s just under a point 

That was my point! He will be brilliant at home, has an excellent style and at times was very very fast. With Bomber hopefully signed he'll also get proper advice. Remember if its a 38 point limit I don't think there will be many away wins. Indeed the way things are you could win the league by just winning your home matches.