British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

9 hours ago, Noelinho said:

The article says Harris has already been named. That's incorrect. The won't be any announcements until sometime in November.

However, no one around Glasgow believes anything other than that Bomber is coming back. If the team and/or Bomber didn't intend for him to come back, I'm certain it would've been announced.

I'm interested to see who we end up with. My current guess from what people say would be: Bomber, Worrall, Bailey, Hume, Borke, Complin, Pijper.

Not my favourite 7, but they're all riders that others like and people seem to be interested in.

More wrong than right

21 minutes ago, MANSE said:

More wrong than right

Thank goodness. Awful looking team that. One heatleader unlikely to repeat his success of this year, three second strings and three reserves. Even Poole could beat that lot :)

Edited by Wee Eck

35 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Thank goodness. Awful looking team that. One heatleader unlikely to repeat his success of this year, three second strings and three reserves. Even Poole could beat that lot :)

While I don't think it's a particularly strong looking team... Worrall a 2nd string? Don't see many 8 point second strings around 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lewy said:

This isn't a Poole thread, hypocrite. 

All threads turn into Poole threads 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/scottish-news/23875200.plans-demolish-greyhound-race-track-near-glasgow/

Sad to see shawfield go. But imagine mentioning Scottish monarchs before us, what an outrage lol

I still have vivid memories of the day my gloves froze to the wall at Shawfield during a Clyde vs Hearts match :neutral:

Sad to see another victory for the Green nutters :mad:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

I still have vivid memories of the day my gloves froze to the wall at Shawfield during a Clyde vs Hearts match :neutral:

Sad to see another victory for the Green nutters :mad:

Yup, the nags will be next 

5 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

When your losing 5½ points from this season's team average total then 2024 by comparison is going to look inferior.

But Steve Worrall was definitely a heatleader, didn't you see him at 5 for Poole in playoff finals? 

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

When your losing 5½ points from this season's team average total then 2024 by comparison is going to look inferior.

But Steve Worrall was definitely a heatleader, didn't you see him at 5 for Poole in playoff finals? 

Best Gater in the league, would love to see him at Glasgow 

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

When he doesnt gate can he make a pass on an equivalent standard of rider to himself?

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Mmmm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Not for me……he’s certainly a good gater but that’s how he gains most of his points. When he doesn’t gate he’s not so brilliant. I’ve never been a fan of either Worrall. 

10 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Not for me……he’s certainly a good gater but that’s how he gains most of his points. When he doesn’t gate he’s not so brilliant. I’ve never been a fan of either Worrall. 

Trouble is gaters aren’t the most exciting riders to watch,but at the end of the day they all finish up with decent averages and win their Teams matches on a regular basis.Passing is at a premium in speedway nowadays with the slick tracks and rocket machine equipment.Riders beaten to the 1st bend ,only a few percentage pass a decent rider that gates.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Trouble is gaters aren’t the most exciting riders to watch,but at the end of the day they all finish up with decent averages and win their Teams matches on a regular basis.Passing is at a premium in speedway nowadays with the slick tracks and rocket machine equipment.Riders beaten to the 1st bend ,only a few percentage pass a decent rider that gates.

We’ve certainly been spoilt at Glasgow regarding these percentages………lol

• Like 2