British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

1 hour ago, Barabas said:

so I hear rumours its harris s Worrall flint complin pijper Pearson & one other by my maths connor would fit in that team its just under 38 

Connor at 4?

1 hour ago, Barabas said:

so I hear rumours its harris s Worrall flint complin pijper Pearson & one other by my maths connor would fit in that team its just under 38 

See last post on page 25 Phil the Ace

16 hours ago, Gazc said:

Surely Vadim will still be on a 5 for next season.

Surely.

And presumably that's why he was at the End of Season bash on Friday evening - discussing terms for when he comes back into the team just before the play-offs

• Haha 3

I’ve heard Flint’s name also, which doesn’t fill me full of confidence, given how poor he is around Ashfield. Pearson not so sure. Had some good scores for Plymouth but he would start in the 1-5

2 hours ago, Barabas said:

Nope….if that’s the team, Connor won’t fit. 

45 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Nope….if that’s the team, Connor won’t fit. 

Yup, Starkey I believe is the 7th

• Like 1

Oh well I thought connor wud fit in with the 2.5 discount on all our gb riders ...oh so is starke in ..?.

3 hours ago, Gazc said:

Just shows how diluted the league is getting, all teams will look a shadow of there former self’s.

Personally next season was ideal for us to make the next step up but alas not to be.

I agree gaz ..I'm not that keen on paying more money for a Continuing weakened product, look at the team Sheffield are preparing & look at us night & day the difference why wo t glasgow at least give it a try 

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Oh dear

I can't imagine be many weaker 2nd string pairings if turns out to be the case

1 minute ago, Barabas said:

I agree gaz ..I'm not that keen on paying more money for a Continuing weakened product, look at the team Sheffield are preparing & look at us night & day the difference why wo t glasgow at least give it a try 

Difference being Sheffield have 40pts to play with for 6 riders + Rising Star. 38pts in Championship is ridiculous.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yup, Starkey I believe is the 7th

That was certainly the rumour…..if it is, a lot will depend on his performance. You’d think he’d improve on that average…..at Ashfield at least.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Barabas said:

They revert to the local Derby scenario Edinburgh, Berwick and now Workington moving up.

My own thoughts are to better yourself as a club is to compete with the best.

Bottom line it’s there money and there decision not to take that next step. Problem with the weakening of this league may put some off dependant on the opposition .

I am sure there will be more than a few will pick and choose what meetings they attend .

If that is our 1-7 then it doesn’t exactly wet the appetite with what we have had the past few seasons.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gazc said:

They revert to the local Derby scenario Edinburgh, Berwick and now Workington moving up.

My own thoughts are to better yourself as a club is to compete with the best.

Bottom line it’s there money and there decision not to take that next step. Problem with the weakening of this league may put some off dependant on the opposition .

I am sure there will be more than a few will pick and choose what meetings they attend .

If that is our 1-7 then it doesn’t exactly wet the appetite with what we have had the past few seasons.

Can’t argue with that Gazc……if it IS the team though, it will still have my support but I was hoping that a surprise signing was going to be pulled out of the hat…….

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

I can't imagine be many weaker 2nd string pairings if turns out to be the case

Can’t believe they would sign Stark.