British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Have incy and wincy the 2 spiders from the trophy cupboard signed up for 24 yet ?:D

I see that you are still very bitter about  Glasgow, its been nice not seeing all your bitter posts for last few years. I suppose now that Workington are back in championship you will be infesting our threads again. I am glad Workington are back in championship and look forward to visiting when the Tigers are in town. Maybe you could say hello and find out that we are not the nasty folk that you think we are, or is it jealousy of our owners that is your problem. 2018 was a fantastic year for your team, shame how it ended, We would have went bust years ago if the Facenna's hadn't taken over, but thankfully they did and we have fantastic racing at Ashfield now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I see that you are still very bitter about  Glasgow, its been nice not seeing all your bitter posts for last few years. I suppose now that Workington are back in championship you will be infesting our threads again. I am glad Workington are back in championship and look forward to visiting when the Tigers are in town. Maybe you could say hello and find out that we are not the nasty folk that you think we are, or is it jealousy of our owners that is your problem. 2018 was a fantastic year for your team, shame how it ended, We would have went bust years ago if the Facenna's hadn't taken over, but thankfully they did and we have fantastic racing at Ashfield now.

Facenna’s have done a wonderful job saving Glasgow Speedway,some people just can’t accept it for what it is.Sad really.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Similarly about Scunthorpe & Godfrey.:D

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Similarly about Scunthorpe & Godfrey.:D

Yeah, you seem to have haters too, as well as us and Poole

1 hour ago, Weeyin said:

Been up to Glasgow a few times since 2018, also used to go to shawfield the few years after you borrowed derwent Park, until poo gate :o so i am a speedway fan since 1970, and in the many years Workington weren't running 80's and 90's was watching speedway all over the uk and the one off world finals in europe, and a couple of gp's in Europe . Just having a bit of banter until the season starts, as not many vlubs seen to be announcing many riders, i post in peace :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Weeyin said:

Yeah, you seem to have haters too, as well as us and Poole

Poole have been hated for such a long time ... You've got a long way to go to catch up to their level :lol: 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Been up to Glasgow a few times since 2018, also used to go to shawfield the few years after you borrowed derwent Park, until poo gate :o so i am a speedway fan since 1970, and in the many years Workington weren't running 80's and 90's was watching speedway all over the uk and the one off world finals in europe, and a couple of gp's in Europe . Just having a bit of banter until the season starts, as not many vlubs seen to be announcing many riders, i post in peace :rolleyes:

Ok, hope to see you at Northside next season, you will likely have my no 1 rider in your team, so no criticism from me

9 hours ago, Neila said:

Have incy and wincy the 2 spiders from the trophy cupboard signed up for 24 yet ?:D

You've got to be in it to win it. Remind me where did Workington finish in the league since the last won it?

17 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

You've got to be in it to win it. Remind me where did Workington finish in the league since the last won it?

Workington have won more team honours than Glasgow since 2018 and their club literally didn't exist for 4 years.

This has gone slightly Pete Tong who cares how many more team honours anyone has won since whenever.

The only thing that matters is the current champions whoever that is :)

27 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Workington have won more team honours than Glasgow since 2018 and their club literally didn't exist for 4 years.

What position did they finish in the league? not any other meetings.

5 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

What position did they finish in the league? not any other meetings.

Ah yeah, course, they went bust, lost their stadium and ceased to exist, so they couldn't finish anywhere in the league. Hilarious.

Glasgow fans have got short memories, dear me. You were one generous family away from ceasing to exist yourselves.

26 minutes ago, Gazc said:

This has gone slightly Pete Tong who cares how many more team honours anyone has won since whenever.

The only thing that matters is the current champions whoever that is :)

If you’re from Poole you most definitely do

And we have another expert on the finances at Glasgow I am sure the owners finances must be known to all and sundry on here.

Or maybe not , hilarious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

And we have another expert on the finances at Glasgow I am sure the owners finances must be known to all and sundry on here.

Or maybe not , hilarious.

Straight on again, you must be on the payroll yourself the way you jump to their defence every time money is mentioned. Or maybe just a brown nose.

• Haha 3