British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

5 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Straight on again, you must be on the payroll yourself the way you jump to their defence every time money is mentioned. Or maybe just a brown nose.

As i say hilarious.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

Ah yeah, course, they went bust, lost their stadium and ceased to exist, so they couldn't finish anywhere in the league. Hilarious.

Glasgow fans have got short memories, dear me. You were one generous family away from ceasing to exist yourselves.

You better let Neila know, there must be plenty of spiders in the Worky cabinet or maybe even woodworm. Glasgow supporter know all about our history and appreciate what the Facenna family did and do for us.

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Straight on again, you must be on the payroll yourself the way you jump to their defence every time money is mentioned. Or maybe just a brown nose.

Of course we defend them against people who attack them. We are supporters and don't need to work for them or suck up to them to defend them.

12 minutes ago, Gazc said:

As i say hilarious.

As you were, about what I'd expect from someone such as yourself. I've no skin in this game and admire what Glasgow have achieved as a club, it's just a shame the decent fans (including your bro) are stuck with the likes of you. Can't be helped.

10 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

You better let Neila know, there must be plenty of spiders in the Worky cabinet or maybe even woodworm. Glasgow supporter know all about our history an appreciate what the Facenna family did and do for us.

Let them know what? Like I say, they've had more recent success than Glasgow even when not in existence. No need to use them closing down as ammunition though is there? Fair enough on the Facennas, they've spent a lot of money, nothing wrong with that, and your club is a million miles better off than before they arrived. They do a lot of things right on and off track, other clubs could learn a lot.

3 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Of course we defend them against people who attack them. We are supporters and don't need to work for them or suck up to them to defend them.

Absolutely, nothing wrong with defending your club. It's the likes of the poster above who will jump on any mention of money as if it's a bad thing. They've spent a fortune, good for them. Why deny it?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

As you were, about what I'd expect from someone such as yourself. I've no skin in this game and admire what Glasgow have achieved as a club, it's just a shame the decent fans (including your bro) are stuck with the likes of you. Can't be helped.

Let them know what? Like I say, they've had more recent success than Glasgow even when not in existence. No need to use them closing down as ammunition though is there? Fair enough on the Facennas, they've spent a lot of money, nothing wrong with that, and your club is a million miles better off than before they arrived. They do a lot of things right on and off track, other clubs could learn a lot.

Absolutely, nothing wrong with defending your club. It's the likes of the poster above who will jump on any mention of money as if it's a bad thing. They've spent a fortune, good for them. Why deny it?

You don’t know me thankfully so I will take your opinions and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You don’t know me thankfully so I will take your opinions and treat them with the contempt they deserve.

As long as you say so :t:

2 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

As long as you say so :t:

Straight on again.

Roger M seems to have some obsession with the facenna's finances. Then you've got a fan of a team who'd spent fortune's to win the inside it a donut in the era before we did talking about an empty trophy cabinet.. couldn't make it up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2023 at 5:55 PM, StevePark said:

I think they are in it for the "long term," so I don't think they will be going anywhere soon (just my opinion, I could be wrong).

They are motivated by more than just the Tigers winning trophies, although they got great satisfaction from that too. They want to bring homegrown talent to the sport, invest in young people, and they want to bring the biggest FIM events they can to Ashfield, because they want to give their best. I don't think they're interested in doing anything by halves.

The biggest worry would be that we end up with no-one to race against. Hopefully the league will strengthen over the next few years, attract more sponsorship, and we can get to a place of more racing rather than less.

One question that was asked to Lee Complin and SImon Lambert at the GTSG event last Friday was how riders would feel if British speedway moved towards individual events and away from team-based competition. I hope it doesn't come to that because if that happens, I think it's all over. I hope the question wasn't asked because people think that's the realistic direction of travel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

You better let Neila know, there must be plenty of spiders in the Worky cabinet or maybe even woodworm. Glasgow supporter know all about our history and appreciate what the Facenna family did and do for us.

Got to admit, Was 50 years worth of spiders in the co7mets trophy cabinet before the  2018 treble, yes we won the fours and best pairs, and the young shield before that,  but we did not splash the cash to win a cup !! The 2018 team  was actually built to a budget to fail and look what happened :o 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

They are motivated by more than just the Tigers winning trophies, although they got great satisfaction from that too. They want to bring homegrown talent to the sport, invest in young people, and they want to bring the biggest FIM events they can to Ashfield, because they want to give their best. I don't think they're interested in doing anything by halves.

The biggest worry would be that we end up with no-one to race against. Hopefully the league will strengthen over the next few years, attract more sponsorship, and we can get to a place of more racing rather than less.

One question that was asked to Lee Complin and SImon Lambert at the GTSG event last Friday was how riders would feel if British speedway moved towards individual events and away from team-based competition. I hope it doesn't come to that because if that happens, I think it's all over. I hope the question wasn't asked because people think that's the realistic direction of travel.

Unless it's top riders in the individual meetings (like the Championship Riders Championship etc), fans don't seem interested (and haven't for a while now), so how that would work would be a worry.  For instance I felt really sorry for Stuart Robson, as his Farewell Meeting was poorly attended and, for a servant to British Speedway, I thought he deserved better than that.

• Like 1

Always amazes me how people claim to know how much certain teams spend  and riders that are asking too much to sign on.

• Like 1

What’s the script with the amateur dramatics team building announcements?

I’m delighted Complin is back, but firing-out a cloak-and-dagger social media post with nothing more than a date, then subsequently announcing the first reserve’s return is speedway’s equivalent to Netflix releasing a set date drumroll which turned-out to be Ready, Steady, Cook. I’m happy, but f*cking hell, talk about underwhelming.

It isn’t a huge deal because I’ve got faith in the club’s ability to build a solid team, but if I was the supporter of another club, I’d be pointing and laughing. It’s like they’ve let the social media work experience lead on this one.

An incredible gesture with the charities again though. Fantastic stuff.