British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

16 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Happy with Leon , his Ashfield form or lack off  is based as an away rider against a then strong Tigers home team.

I can understand some wanting Claus over Leon but I think there is more scope for improvement in Leon than there is with Claus.

Riding Glasgow as a home rider is much easier than a visiting one.

Yeah I'd imagine there will be a few tutoring sessions by Mr Harris before the season starts too. 

I can't say overly excited by this signing but the move away from the comfort/ stress (delete as appropriate) of being the captain of your hometown club might just allow him to kick on to a 7 plus by end of season. Must be one of strongest 3rd HLs in this league too I'd wager

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me for SURE that a)….Polish riders have to attend practice on a Friday before a Saturday meeting?

and b)….Was there anything written into the rules for next year to change the possibility of the likes of Patrick Wojdylo coming to the Championship on a 5 average?

5 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Can anyone tell me for SURE that a)….Polish riders have to attend practice on a Friday before a Saturday meeting?

and b)….Was there anything written into the rules for next year to change the possibility of the likes of Patrick Wojdylo coming to the Championship on a 5 average?

pretty sure most  have to practice on Fridays to get team spot on saturdays and yes loophole closed 

Edited by mac101
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Not entirely sure but think I read somewhere nowak equivalent would be an 8 now. But an Aussie/ Dane riding in extraliga with no UK experience would be a 5. Work that one out 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ragdoll64 said:

Might be wrong but wasn't it said that Ben Basso had to practice on Saturday mornings and that was the reason he couldn't ride for Glasgow next season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah I'd imagine there will be a few tutoring sessions by Mr Harris before the season starts too. 

I can't say overly excited by this signing but the move away from the comfort/ stress (delete as appropriate) of being the captain of your hometown club might just allow him to kick on to a 7 plus by end of season. Must be one of strongest 3rd HLs in this league too I'd wager

Do you think he's better than Brennan who Poole have just signed given your Mr Harris point 

Brennan had plateaued at Glasgow. He was often absent in the big heats and had a prolonged slump this season where he just looked tired. Perhaps too much travel.

He came back to life when Harris took the captaincy from him and he was switched to No2 but he's better than that. I wish him well but don't think you'll find many GLA fans unhappy he's moved on. Replacing Vissing with Flint is perhaps a different story.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nickinho said:

He's good but he's certainly NOT one of the hottest prospects in world speedway. His averages over the last three seasons in the Championship (according to the speedway-stats website) are;

2021 7.05

2022 7.17

2023 6.93

This leads me to believe that he has stagnated a bit or maybe even reached his peak but who knows, perhaps he just needs a change of scene and riding for the Tigers and not being given the captain's armband might do him the world of good*

*Although i have to say that i've never been impressed with him around Ashfield in the past. 

I think having Harris as a teammate again will be a big bonus to him and Glasgow 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paulco said:

I think having Harris as a teammate again will be a big bonus to him and Glasgow 

It wasn't too evident when they both rode together for Berwick in 2022. 

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

It kinda was . Harris was in the pits with him at Cardiff when he rode in that SGP2 event on the Sunday after the main GP . I think having Harris in the pits with him again will prove beneficial 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

Leon was a lot better away from home in 22 than in 23, I think that was to do with Harris. He got on really well with him and spent the year learning from him.

6 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Leon was a lot better away from home in 22 than in 23, I think that was to do with Harris. He got on really well with him and spent the year learning from him.

Could he not learn anything from Rory Schlein last year?

1 minute ago, Nickinho said:

Could he not learn anything from Rory Schlein last year?

Actually he said that Schlein was his favourite team mate he’s had in terms of professionalism, so yes, I’m sure he did learn from him.

• Like 1

Ace Pijper confirmed as third Tigers signing on their FB page, in association with The Courtyard Pantry Enterprise. 

Edited by cheggie