British Speedway Forum
SilentLurker

Glasgow Tigers 2024

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

In that meeting he struggled at Poole a lot imo (when others were saying he was the next Darcy when he came over). Don't see how that is untruthful or hard to understand. 

The only people who mention Darcy was the press, and they seem to jump on anyone who comes from Australia - Darcy has had nothing to do with Pearson’s career, (Jason Crump has been the one who has been by his side from the beginning) why can’t he be just himself - I personally hate how people try and compare new riders with the past - just let them be and let them forge their own identities in the sport.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He struggles at Poole a lot, so better off at Glasgow tbf. 

He has raced at Poole once in 2022, 17 YO and had never even seen or been on the track - what did you expect? A 15 point maximum? to be honest who didn’t struggle at Poole on their first go at that track. The question is would you be saying the same thing is he signed with you Lisa? Probably not :-)

10 hours ago, lewy said:

Haven't seen anyone saying he's the next darcy tbh,only you saying they have unless you can prove otherwise. Anyway I think he's far to sensible to be compared to him imo.

7 hours ago, Wow68 said:

The only people who mention Darcy was the press, and they seem to jump on anyone who comes from Australia - Darcy has had nothing to do with Pearson’s career, (Jason Crump has been the one who has been by his side from the beginning) why can’t he be just himself - I personally hate how people try and compare new riders with the past - just let them be and let them forge their own identities in the sport.

Thanks for confirming :t:Saves me looking up things from 2 years ago. Also think there was one Brum fan on here who said he was potentially going to be as good as Darcy but think that was to do with age more than anything. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Thanks for confirming :t:Saves me looking up things from 2 years ago. Also think there was one Brum fan on here who said he was potentially going to be as good as Darcy but think that was to do with age more than anything. 

Can you prove that last bit or just making it up?? 

Seen Pearson a couple of times live, also on BSN sure he will be a good signing for Glasgow surely increase his average.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Lisa said she thinks there was a fan who said it so I don't know why she would need to prove it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gazc said:

Bomber is a different animal to your typical rider.

Remind me again mate was that the Play off final meeting he toyed with them.

Thats so last yearB):D

Saw little P few times last year and was impressed each time. Attitude on and off track was spot on and its obvious there is ability there. Don't know whether the links to Rogers were purely a Brum thing or if he trying to get involved deeper? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Jackanory

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Lisa said she thinks there was a fan who said it so I don't know why she would need to prove it.

Yeah exactly! If I named them then I would have to prove it. Depends if I can be bothered to find posts from 2 years ago really. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah exactly! If I named them then I would have to prove it. Depends if I can be bothered to find posts from 2 years ago really. 

You should start You  posts "Once upon a time ":t:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Thats so last yearB):D

Yep but as Poole were on the receiving end thought i would point it out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh right so anyone can say whatever they want no matter how untrue as long as you dont name a poster…. 

28 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Oh right so anyone can say whatever they want no matter how untrue as long as you dont name a poster…. 

Not really what I said was it. Do I need to screenshot every post I read as evidence? 

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really what I said was it. Do I need to screenshot every post I read as evidence? 

Only under caution, and what you post may be used as evidence.