British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

On 10/31/2023 at 7:39 PM, WokJoWe said:

@Neila any truth in Bailey already signed a contract for a different team?

Real shame, he's going to be a phenomenal rider.

There was an article on Connor in last weeks SS, he said winning the championship was “a good way to sign off” at Workington. He enjoyed it there and enjoyed riding in front of the Workington fans. I take it that he’ll be elsewhere.

If Workington are running on Sundays and Connor wants to race in Poland it might prove difficult.

2 hours ago, tyretrax said:

If Workington are running on Sundays and Connor wants to race in Poland it might prove difficult.

I can’t see us changing our race day to a Sunday, will remain as Saturday’s I would of thought

• Like 2

Probably will be sat or Sun but this will still cause problems for some clubs if they have riders in Polish division 1 or 2 who ride on Saturday,  they will have missing riders,

8 minutes ago, Neila said:

Probably will be sat or Sun but this will still cause problems for some clubs if they have riders in Polish division 1 or 2 who ride on Saturday,  they will have missing riders,

The new Polish rules restricting riders at 6&7 in all 3 leagues to just Polish, will restrict some younger Brits,Aussies and other non-Polish riders from team places!/

The British leagues should be having British youngsters at 6+7 also British U24 in the team, instead of all the foreign riders imo

• Like 8

Spoiler alert,in todays speedway star dan bewley says he wont be riding for workington this season :rofl:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Spoiler alert,in todays speedway star dan bewley says he wont be riding for workington this season :rofl:

Shame that you would have got him in on a 5.

I am sure we would’ve helped on an advisory basis too make this happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Shame that you would have got him in on a 5.

I am sure we would’ve helped on an advisory basis too make this happen.

Like that gazc but site wont let me like it :t:

17 hours ago, Marksman said:

I can’t see us changing our race day to a Sunday, will remain as Saturday’s I would of thought

What day did they run last season?

29 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

What day did they run last season?

3pm on a Saturday, as there is no lighting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neila said:

The British leagues should be having British youngsters at 6+7 also British U24 in the team, instead of all the foreign riders imo

Spot on.

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Like that gazc but site wont let me like it :t:

I've liked it for you geoff100 :D

6 hours ago, Neila said:

A few years back Prem & Champ teams both had to have 2 x Brits in their sides, but that ruling lasted about ONE season. Shame clubs can't agree to keep rules like that long term.

• Like 1

Like usual some clubs can't see the long term benefits,  they wanted to change things as it didn't suit certain clubs !!