British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

On 11/14/2023 at 1:54 PM, gmarsbar2 said:

It's a rumour until Glasgow officially announce Flint's signing.

Don't know why they're signing  him on 6.40 when they could have Vissing on 6.24 - cost cutting? 

Leon doesn't like the track, couldn't even win a race in the under 21 final at Ashfield this year.

Any ambitious rider will look to conquer tracks they have previously struggled on. For me, on similar averages I’d take Flint over Vissing any day. There’s a lot more potential upside to Flint if it goes well. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Any ambitious rider will look to conquer tracks they have previously struggled on. For me, on similar averages I’d take Flint over Vissing any day. There’s a lot more potential upside to Flint if it goes well. 

Agree, also riders with anything about them (which Flint clearly has) will generally learn a track they aren't keen on if they are racing on it every week.

• Like 1

Errrmm Glasgow fans this is a comet's thread !!! Either go and start a new thread of your own or pretend you are a Poole fan then you can highjack all threads :P

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Neila said:

Errrmm Glasgow fans this is a comet's thread !!! Either go and start a new thread of your own or pretend you are a Poole fan then you can highjack all threads :P

They're not Glasgow fans :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ben91 said:

You might be right for the long term but for 2024 I'd take Claus or Leon, based all the times I've seen them ride.

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

They're not Glasgow fans :icon_smile_clown:

Talking about a possible Glasgow signing on another clubs page, so must be Glasgow fans 

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Talking about a possible Glasgow signing on another clubs page, so must be Glasgow fans 

Talking about speedway on the speedway forum.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neila said:

One is a Kings Lynn fan and the other a Rye House fan.... Speedway fans going slightly off topic on a speedway forum... It happens! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

One is a Kings Lynn fan and the other a Rye House fan.... Speedway fans going slightly off topic on a speedway forum... It happens! 

The poxy forum won't allow me to like this but I do :D

Terro is old skool, what the new comets want is different riders, apart from our rumoured number 1 

4 hours ago, Neila said:

Terro is old skool, what the new comets want is different riders, apart from our rumoured number 1 

What do you mean by different riders?

3 hours ago, WokJoWe said:

What do you mean by different riders?

Different riders than some of the ones who rode for the comets 5 or more years ago,

On 11/17/2023 at 8:10 AM, Spittaler said:

Tero Aarnio maybe to Workington? Just thought   Had decent season at Scunthorpe 2022

Because he finished the season well (10 match rolling ave), he ended up with a 7.5+ average. So I couldn't see him matching that. I'd only go for him if there's no other options.

think Tero has had his day now

too up and down and not know for looking after his equipment very well good rider on his day but they are getting less often