British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

I was wondering who it was in the frozen outfit neila.was your advice when on the bike at the tapes and they are released for the clutch hand to LET IT GO.

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I was wondering who it was in the frozen outfit neila.was your advice when on the bike at the tapes and they are released for the clutch hand to LET IT GO.

Of course :D

21 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

You are being too harsh on Michael West. Very focused and with potential. The issue in his one meeting on IOW was not caused by him. I was there when it happened. 

Brayden McGuinness also worth a shot. 

Neither would necessarily be a big name in the Championship next season 

The issue was completely caused by Michael, his on track antics made his as popular as a fart in a lift with other riders and off track he is simply unpleasant.  

McGuinness has plenty of ability but certainly thinks he is better than he is, the names been about for a few years but in reality he gets occasional rides in the U24 league and a few spuns in Denmark. 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

The issue was completely caused by Michael, his on track antics made his as popular as a fart in a lift with other riders and off track he is simply unpleasant.  

McGuinness has plenty of ability but certainly thinks he is better than he is, the names been about for a few years but in reality he gets occasional rides in the U24 league and a few spuns in Denmark. 

What happened?

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

We will have to agree to disagree. I did have a chat to Lee Complin at the time, who explained to me what he felt Michael was doing wrong. Lee was very direct! The referee had no issues with his riding. 

If your only experience of him is that one meeting, and given that he didn't really engage with anyone during the meeting, it's difficult to see how you concluded he was unpleasant. If you have other experience of him then all well and good. 

9 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

McGuiness scored well on the Island, but that was really NDL standard racing, so is it wise using 4.00 (or 5.00) on a NL heat leader?

I'd go for Connor Coles & build a stronger top 5.

On 11/23/2023 at 8:40 PM, CTD26 said:

Don’t know what all the fuss about a 3pm start time. Yeah working full time and life gets in the way some weeks but if you’re really a supporter you’ll be there when you can. As for it clashing with the Reds and amateur rugby, I know what I’d prefer to go and watch. Instead of all the negativity flying around in the world atm can we just have some positive thinking for a change. Get behind the promotion, behind our 7 riders whoever’s they may be, and support the comets. 

I totally agree with you but if you work Saturdays like me it's near impossible to go. 5pm would help.

And when say Reds or rugby I'm actually thinking of the promotion why compete with anything I know quite a few people who watch both the reds and Speedway.

What Andrew and his helpers have done is fantastic I'm not knocking in any way at all far from it. I just would not run at 3pm on a Saturday.

45 minutes ago, H20 said:

I totally agree with you but if you work Saturdays like me it's near impossible to go. 5pm would help.

And when say Reds or rugby I'm actually thinking of the promotion why compete with anything I know quite a few people who watch both the reds and Speedway.

What Andrew and his helpers have done is fantastic I'm not knocking in any way at all far from it. I just would not run at 3pm on a Saturday.

Without a massive investment by someone to install lights at the track, and possibly on the approach road, due to elf and safety, what time do you suggest, you could get away with 5pm mid summer, but early/late season you won't get away with it. Another reason why a 3pm maybe better is that if a rider who signs for the comets has to go to another country, for U21 meetings etc will have more time to get to an airport for a early Sunday morning flight 

14 hours ago, H20 said:

They could organise the fixtures to only ride when the footy team are away early in the speedway season (March, April and up to mid-May), then they only have to worry about August & September (the start of the 2024-25 footy season), but their season could almost be over at that point.

Evenings might be better to keep the track moist,but then when the sun comes down it will shine right in riders eyes esp on bends 1and 2 

7 hours ago, StevePark said:

They could organise the fixtures to only ride when the footy team are away early in the speedway season (March, April and up to mid-May), then they only have to worry about August & September (the start of the 2024-25 footy season), but their season could almost be over at that point.

With less fixtures these days, should be easier to organise.

Any rumours or truths in the team make up ? One going round at the moment,  if true would be a great signing, a out and out racer with the initials JP !!

7 minutes ago, Neila said:

Any rumours or truths in the team make up ? One going round at the moment,  if true would be a great signing, a out and out racer with the initials JP !!

Any team news would be good !

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Friday nights at Edinburgh didn't suit Josh Pickering's Polish commitments so unless he's given up on a Polish team place becoming available Saturday afternoon in Workington wouldn't be an option.

James Pearson?