British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

sometimes riders need to wait for there parent club to say they are not returning before they can say where they are going

do agree its draging on a little since sam was announced

Aye, when other teams are announcing, keep looking and hoping. Besides Cook I think Riss hasn’t signed for anybody yet.

S.Worrall signed for Glasgow

Think too many visa hoops to jump through,  and I think she has signed for a Polish lower division side (maybe the German side that is in the Polish league) so a Saturday track will be very difficult,  was impressed by her at worky earlier in the season,  would be interesting to see her race against ndl or championship ridets

Chill out guys. I'm sure news will come soon. I've got a good feeling about this weekend.

4 hours ago, Neila said:

Think too many visa hoops to jump through,  and I think she has signed for a Polish lower division side (maybe the German side that is in the Polish league) so a Saturday track will be very difficult,  was impressed by her at worky earlier in the season,  would be interesting to see her race against ndl or championship ridets

If she is signed up in Poland that would obviously rule her out. She was indeed impressive round Northside with race times on par with the men.

Are there any riders that could double up in the Premiership and Championship that could do a job. That dont have any polish commitments?

6 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

If she is signed up in Poland that would obviously rule her out. She was indeed impressive round Northside with race times on par with the men.

Also would be on a 5 point average i think due to previously riding in Poland,  would be better,  imo getting a young aussie to come over, maybe more hungry to score points to earn a living, 

may get an early Xmas present if some news over the weekend !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supersteady84 said:

I'm starting to think they should of stayed in the ndl 

Of course they should, that was the plan as the stadium developed.  But the Wolves/Panthers closures forced a consolidation of tracks and l suspect a great deal of pressure was put on the new Comets to move up 'in the best interests of the sport'.   

Which it most probably is, just that the promotion are now finding it tough to adjust, and put together a team to match their budget while holding their own on track. 

19 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Of course they should, that was the plan as the stadium developed.  But the Wolves/Panthers closures forced a consolidation of tracks and l suspect a great deal of pressure was put on the new Comets to move up 'in the best interests of the sport'.   

Which it most probably is, just that the promotion are now finding it tough to adjust, and put together a team to match their budget while holding their own on track. 

What would have happened (to the Comets) if the promotion had refused to go in the Championship, especially when we know that there is now an NDL in 2024?

And, was there any compensation given to them for the extra costs incurred from moving up before they really wanted to?

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 1

At the time the decision was made to move up, the NDL did not exist,  and people were lead to believe that it would not exist,  so it was either move up or run practice sessions,  then weeks later the bspa once again moved the goalposts, running a NDL league, now it appears the comets are struggling to get a team sorted, unless the team is nearly sorted and the promotion are just putting the last piece into the jigsaw puzzle 

• Like 1

Craig Cook Batch, Z Kennedy, Spencer, Simpson, C King, J Thomas, F Bowes, J, Smith, A Rowe, Ablitt, Clegg, Bickley, Stonemen, Neilsen, Sedgmen, J Wright, Pearson, Riss, Anderson are just a few Workington can go for. Slim pickings for heat leaders but I'm sure a few will fancy riding Workington. 

Could Wojdylo sign for a championship club?