3. Antti Vuolas 5.00

4. Claus Vissing 6.24

5. Rene Bach 7.19

6. Celina Liebmann 4.00

7. Sam McGurk 2.00

Total: 37.96

9 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Crash helmet on here.

Great bit of publicity but don’t think she’ll even average her assessed average. Only average over a point a meeting in the polish U24 league.

Quite possiblly...

Meaning she will be similar to hundreds of others over the decades who have done the same..

The important message is the back story which will help sell Workington Speedway to an audience who will have their ears pricked up by what the promotion team have done..

And, if it doesnt all work out, then those who have been interested enough to go along, may still stick with the sport regardless of her being there or not..

Nothing to lose, and everything to gain by both rider and promoters....

Great to see some proper, modern thinking, promotion of the sport...

Obviously, for some others, using "why not bring a friend?" as their marketing plan, is still available....

• Like 3

nice team building so  far ,    exciting times for Workington speedway .

ohh come o ye faithful  cant wait ...

9 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

I'll be surprised if she attains her 4pt assessed average but she is no dud, I reckon she'd be a 7-8pt averaged rider in the NDL.

Good luck to her! 

Seen her four times (in three different countries) and I'd agree with that assessment. Very professionally and personable.

Looking at who's available unless you can get overseas HL's then I'd go way under the limit and sign Rowe/Gilkes.

They're two riders who will improve in a watered down Championship whilst unannounced HL's leftover from 2023 like Riss, Batch, Sedgmen and Vissing have no improvement left imo.

Just like to say all the posters from other teams who are recognising the effort of workington promotion 

Thank you and you are showing true love of the sport 

Most will know Steve lawson is a great bloke dont know Andrew personally but he is putting heart and sole into this project 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Let’s turn that into a positive though. This gives the female riders in this country something to aspire to as gaining a team place in the championship is now on the cards. 

Most teams will probably sign one in future years simply because of their gender which doesn't help at all it's just tokenism and is happening in all walks of life but I was hopeful that it would pass speedway by but i was obviously fooling myself.

I'm not surprised by all the celebrations about this but I doubt that any of the male NDL riders who have missed out on a Championship place are happy. I seem to remember all the Edinburgh fans complaining about Dayle Wood at the expense of younger riders because he wasn't very good yet I guarantee he isn't any worse than the Comets new rider.

So much for encouraging young British riders...

Edited by Nickinho
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Most teams will probably sign one next year simply because of their gender which doesn't help at all it's just tokenism and is happening in all walks of life but I was hopeful that it would pass speedway by but i was obviously fooling myself.

In the dark ages they didn't have the internet or forums, go back there immediately 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

In the dark ages they didn't have the internet or forums, go back there immediately 

Go be a white knight somewhere else

Edited by Nickinho

6 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Most teams will probably sign one in future years simply because of their gender which doesn't help at all it's just tokenism and is happening in all walks of life but I was hopeful that it would pass speedway by but i was obviously fooling myself.

I'm not surprised by all the celebrations about this but I doubt that any of the male NDL riders who have missed out on a Championship place are happy. I seem to remember all the Edinburgh fans complaining about Dayle Wood because he wasn't very good yet I guarantee he isn't any worse than the Comets new rider.

Dayle wood is not anywhere near the level of Celina she will do well . even though I don't feel she will achieve 4 in the first year her average will be considerably more than what Dayle achieved 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Dayle wood is not anywhere near the level of Celina she will do well . even though I don't feel she will achieve 4 in the first year her average will be considerably more than what Dayle achieved 

Having seen her ride before i doubt she will get more than 0.71 in the Championship 

13 hours ago, Neila said:

Yea but looking at some of the reserves in the league, Celina is equally if not better than some of them, was very fast at northside,  and got near the same times as Danny King at redcar, suppose time will tell

Very fast at northside?? She was 4 secs off the track record. And this will be a much harder league 

• Like 3

Hi All

Can someone explain this to me as a little confused.

Tate as young Aussie if he had come straight from Aussie would have been a 4, but because he did 6 matches 23 rides in POL U24 in 2023 he becomes 5.

Celina also an overseas rider rode in the same League also 6 matches - but 21 rides and comes in on a 4.

Firstly best of luck to Celina, but can someone explain how she arrives on a 4 not a 5 ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Quite possiblly...

Meaning she will be similar to hundreds of others over the decades who have done the same..

The important message is the back story which will help sell Workington Speedway to an audience who will have their ears pricked up by what the promotion team have done..

Giving a place to a female didn't help Nascar bring in extra fans although in Danica Patrick's case she was fully deserving of a place in that motorsport, this is just tokenism in this particular case. Interest will be garnered for a few weeks over the Comets new signing then everyone will see her trail in last and soon get over their excitement and realise that it was just a bad team signing.

Edited by Nickinho

17 hours ago, Neila said:

Apparently on a 4 point assessed average and imo a good prospect looked very assured earlier on at northside on borrowed machinery,  a better signing than that Duffer Poole have signed, and will be an asset after 6 home 6 away meetings 

Has it changed again?

Only a few years back it changed Prem to 3H 3A & Champ to 8 league meetings(any combination)

Sorry, noticed asset rather than average but think asset is any 12 meetings.

Edited by IronScorpion
mis-read