British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree that it's good she gives fellow female riders someone to aspire too, but gaining a Champ team place has always been on the cards. If Katie Gordon had been scoring maximums every week in the NJL, then topping the NL averages, she'd have gotten a Champ place!

No team will refuse a woman who is better than the men, if it helps them win. They just need to reach a certain level first.

I would respectfully disagree. It takes something like this for other teams to sit up and take note. It’s a real shot in the arm. 

7 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

As an unattached rider expect shes adapted to just changing in a van but now shes apart of an official league team within the Uk she has to be entitled to the same facilities as her team mates , its something completely new within british speedway and im sure her requirements will be met , would be a bummer if there made to provide something that costs the clubs then she got dropped from the team. 

As I said, she has been riding in leagues in Poland and Germany under contract as a team rider. I guess the solution is uncomplicated

25 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

she was quick on the day thats how you need to judge them  

we can only see how she does after a few meetings

She obviously wasn't very quick at 60.1 

Great move for equality and promotion but sadly that's about it on her riding ability.

Her averages and times in the meetings and track time she has had are nothing good at all and if she was a he more questions would be asked signing a rider on a 4 point average where here past experience shows nothing of reaching that at all.

36 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

On borrowed machinery 

19 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

And times when riding pretty much on your own are irrelevant. Plus seeing the track for the very first time and riding on the outside is going to be much longer. 400m track on the outside.

The track is set up totally different on these days with 40+ heats. Heat times were also around this on the last home NDL meeting

Just real lazy comments

If you wanna compare times she went round Redcar in 57.5 two weeks later and that was quicker than any of Ashton Boughen’s wins that day

• Like 1

Nice to see fans of other teams taking an active interest of whats going on at worky, hope to see you all when your team comes to northside,  I know I will be at your tracks cheering on the comets :D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Marksman said:

And times when riding pretty much on your own are irrelevant. Plus seeing the track for the very first time and riding on the outside is going to be much longer. 400m track on the outside.

The track is set up totally different on these days with 40+ heats. Heat times were also around this on the last home NDL meeting

Just real lazy comments

If you wanna compare times she went round Redcar in 57.5 two weeks later and that was quicker than any of Ashton Boughen’s wins that day

Boughen also had a league meeting later that day and just done the 4 laps basically. Compared to when he was there for Stuart robsons meeting where he was doing 56.0, if also using her times at Redcar she’s 2/2.5 seconds slower than a heat team there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supersteady84 said:

Excited by a washed up unstable No1 and whinging about an exciting prospect on a 4…. Real oddball you 

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Excited by a washed up unstable No1 and whinging about an exciting prospect on a 4…. Real oddball you 

For a start when did I say I was excited about Cook signing and I'm stating a fact she wasn't very quick! Nugget 

Edited by Supersteady84

41 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Still look forward to you coming northside to tell Cook what you think of him! Don't forget to bring a keyboard with ya

48 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

Still look forward to you coming northside to tell Cook what you think of him! Don't forget to bring a keyboard with ya

who cares time you two grew up