British Speedway Forum
Midget

Workington 2024

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Maybe she will, but it's extra time on the bike, so, therefore, helping with set-up and everything that goes with it.

It could knock her confidence a bit if gets a lot of last places, I believe she rode at Belle Vue last year so she should know the set ups.

Give the lass a break,the superstars ride the same tracks week in and still say on tv they are looking for the right " set up" !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Don’t think she will be Worky’s biggest issue, give her a chance

Apart from possibly the final rider, who do you think will struggle more ? 

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It could knock her confidence a bit if gets a lot of last places, I believe she rode at Belle Vue last year so she should know the set ups.

im sure shes been in plenty bigish meetings now and knows  how hard it is 

ive seen a few where shes up against gp riders so she knows the score

when you look at some track reserves in gp's and british finals and such like the reserves are offten well off the pace but classed as  up and coming riders 

no difference

Edited by scaramanga

53 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Apart from possibly the final rider, who do you think will struggle more ? 

Cook and Batch are much bigger worries 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Bit of a gamble, agreed, but they are both capable of increasing their averages as well. Interesting team, to say the least.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

What do you mean 'if'

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Or being around some world class riders could help her massively!! Im sure shes not going expecting to win but always great experience 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Cook will be great as long as he's there. Hopefully being closer to home will help, and he can put some of the issues of the recent past behind him.

I wouldn't trust Batch full stop. His antics at the pairs showed it all, for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Or being around some world class riders could help her massively!! Im sure shes not going expecting to win but always great experience 

Yes nothing wrong with gaining more experience and as its a one off meeting against some top riders nobody is going to slate her however she does. Nobody on a Championship 4 point average would trouble the scorers much in this meeting.

Riders announced to date for the Bonanza: Ben Barker, Freddie Lindgren, Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Danny King, Erik Riss, Sam Masters, Simon Lambert, Justin Sedgmen, Steve Worrall, Leon Flint, Paul Starke.

12 riders now named but not 1 comet 

not too fussed to be fair as some good riders listed but 3 from 1 team to gain track experience  and no home track rider so far 

Edited by scaramanga
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Riders announced to date for the Bonanza: Ben Barker, Freddie Lindgren, Dan Bewley, Tom Brennan, Danny King, Erik Riss, Sam Masters, Simon Lambert, Justin Sedgmen, Steve Worrall, Leon Flint, Paul Starke.

12 riders now named but not 1 comet 

not too fussed to be fair as some good riders listed but 3 from 1 team to gain track experience  and no home track rider so far 

I don't know if Workington get any say in the field, but I'd imagine they'd like their 3 new foreigners to get track time.

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't know if Workington get any say in the field, but I'd imagine they'd like their 3 new foreigners to get track time.

Mixed feelings about that. Yes the new riders would attract more supporters and get some practice in on their new track. There is also the chance that with such a great field in Bonanza meetings, new riders signed on lower averages might not look their best against the stronger field. Just make sure they are all there on the day and presented to the crowd. That gives them the chance to see how the riders prepare, how they ride their track  and what lines to chose and why.   

• Like 1

im not really bothered about none in the line up but when there's 3 from 1 club who are not really outstanding riders i just feel its a little wrong 

but there maybe is reasons there in possibly they have received help and wont to give a little back who knows