British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 18/10/23

2 hours ago, lbw said:

Met office now saying light rain 10 & 2 other than that dry. 

Can Danny Ford stick his head out of the office window to give a more accurate update as I leave London.

Don't listen to the BBC folks!

:D

Can anyone put in percentage terms the chances of this been on please as I might purchase Poole TV live stream ???

20 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Can anyone put in percentage terms the chances of this been on please as I might purchase Poole TV live stream ???

Can't u wait until nearer start time to purchase? 

I've travelled down from Nottingham so think I've got a tad more expense to be concerned about.

Just about arrived in Poole, BLUE SKIES!

Edited by lbw

Had another brief downpour around 11.30, but bright again now (12.10). A fair bit of standing water around.  Should be ok from around 2pm onwards.......(If you believe the forecasts)!

If you purchase the stream you will be able to watch the meeting live whenever its on. Or if you have prior engagements you can watch it after the event. 

12 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Currently raining in Berwick, approx. 350 miles away.

Me thinks ur name says it all in this instance! :D

2 hours ago, lbw said:

I've travelled down from Nottingham so think I've got a tad more expense to be concerned about.

Don’t quote expenses to me ,earlier in the season August to be precise I travelled  to Oxford by myself on the Wednesday meeting called off after watching tractor racing on the track for  an hour . Hotel and diesel expenses ,  the following day travelled Oxford to Leicester meeting called off after 6 pm again hotel and diesel expenses needed . Following day Leicester to Scunthorpe called off on the Friday diesel and Humber bridge tolls to my home in Hull 

3 days travel and only watched Oxfords tractor on the shale and approx 405 miles on the vans mileage 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, lbw said:

Nobody can doubt your commitment

• Like 1

Could be a long night. Rowe and Douglas down first running. Rowe and Lawson down second attempt. Rowe exc for being knocked off by Lambert! 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Could be a long night. Rowe and Douglas down first running. Rowe and Lawson down second attempt. Rowe exc for being knocked off by Lambert! 

Good call ref

• Like 1

Take a bow Simon Lambert. 12 max. Never seen anything like it from a second string. Passing for fun Bomber mark 2.

Have to say well done to Scunny. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Take a bow Simon Lambert. 12 max. Never seen anything like it from a second string. Passing for fun Bomber mark 2.

Have to say well done to Scunny. 

Are you starting to twitch yet? :D

Simon Lambert seems to have had his breakthrough season at 34 years old. He'd be the first name on the 2024 Lynn team sheet if it was up to me.