British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Scunthorpe. KO Cup Final 2nd leg. 18/10/23

On 10/17/2023 at 10:43 PM, lisa-colette said:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcn8db1mu#?date=2023-10-21

How is it not okay? 30% chance of a shower. Whether they can dry track out after Weds and Thursday heavy rain in time is another matter though. 

Assuming it doesnt rain on saturday, the boys will have to wait untill midday ish to be able to get on the track and take the mesh round, assuming it doesnt rain again, and just keep turning it over. Theres no way they could get on a heavy track otherwise the damage done would be irraparable.

23 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Assuming it doesnt rain on saturday, the boys will have to wait untill midday ish to be able to get on the track and take the mesh round, assuming it doesnt rain again, and just keep turning it over. Theres no way they could get on a heavy track otherwise the damage done would be irraparable.

Don't worry they'll just blade all the dirt off. Just like they do during meetings

Edited by gmarsbar2
typo

1 minute ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Don't worry they'll just blade all the dirt off. Just like the do during meetings

What dirt?

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

What dirt?

Ho ho ho. Such fun!:blush:

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

It looks at the moment a generally dry day with the chance of light rain or showers earlier in the day.In my opinion as long as we dont get much heavy rain saturday it should be on.

3 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Don't worry they'll just blade all the dirt off. Just like the do during meetings

I've never seen dirt bladed off just the evened out but hey what am I looking at.

45 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Saturday forecast looks well dodgy, or should that be well for Dougy!!!:D

Not down here. Dry all day with a slight risk of a small shower late afternoon.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No excuses for a rubbish track then 

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes looking good, the odd shower shouldnt be a problem. 

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good job it isn't being held up ere in the midllands as it's absolutely tipping it down! Mates don't believe me when I tell em it's dry in Poole today and tomorrow.

C'MON THE PIRATES! :t:

39 minutes ago, lbw said:

Good job it isn't being held up ere in the midllands as it's absolutely tipping it down! Mates don't believe me when I tell em it's dry in Poole today and tomorrow.

C'MON THE PIRATES! :t:

Well forecast tomorrow is rain earlier in the day so hopefully not too heavy

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Well forecast tomorrow is rain earlier in the day so hopefully not too heavy

Oh yep, just looked at the update. 

Latest forecast has the weather deteriorating with a wet day of light rain until 5pm then a dry evening. Sunday is looking like a nice Sunday day. Move it back to late Sunday afternoon or gamble tomorrow night? Decisions, decisions! 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Latest forecast has the weather deteriorating with a wet day of light rain until 5pm then a dry evening. Sunday is looking like a nice Sunday day. Move it back to late Sunday afternoon or gamble tomorrow night? Decisions, decisions! 

Who knows forecast seems to change all the time, could change again before tomorrow, must be a nightmare, then you get the usual idiots saying no excuse for a rubbish track!!