British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

Because they might be better supported than the BSPL mafia teams and that is not allowed.

and yet the ghost teams supporters were turning up and paying CL and PL admissions at hosting tracks just to watch the 2nd half, the actual ghost development teams got not one penny from the admission and it still wasn't good enough for the host clubs. 20-30 supporters might not sound like mega numbers but in a sport where attendance is on the downturn every little helps.

• Like 2

Could clubs like Mildenhall afford to go into the CH?
I wouldn’t want to lose any clubs but if there is only three or four clubs in the NL it won’t be tenable anyway.

Not sure where i posted this but my idea for any junior rider intersted would be to split the riders into groups

So riders Scotland, North, Midlands, South East and South West

Over the course of the season riders run as individuals in 2nd halfs at selected events, so 4 riders per event 4 x heats whether this is incorporated before meetings duringbor after etc.

Each rider can register to ride in what events they are available for 16 meetings in total

So for example say there are 8 riders who fall in the Northern section or apply to do events in Scotland

They enter their 16 meetings which would run at Redcar, Manchester, Sheffield etc. 

Meeting points scored go into a Junior Challenge leaderboard with ALL riders across the country

Top 16 invited to a one off final where maybe BSPL can offer a bike or something for the winner etc.

Gives riders track times outside the pressures of a team environment and allows them to focus their development on themselves as an individual entry

9 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Not sure where i posted this but my idea for any junior rider intersted would be to split the riders into groups

So riders Scotland, North, Midlands, South East and South West

Over the course of the season riders run as individuals in 2nd halfs at selected events, so 4 riders per event 4 x heats whether this is incorporated before meetings duringbor after etc.

Each rider can register to ride in what events they are available for 16 meetings in total

So for example say there are 8 riders who fall in the Northern section or apply to do events in Scotland

They enter their 16 meetings which would run at Redcar, Manchester, Sheffield etc. 

Meeting points scored go into a Junior Challenge leaderboard with ALL riders across the country

Top 16 invited to a one off final where maybe BSPL can offer a bike or something for the winner etc.

Gives riders track times outside the pressures of a team environment and allows them to focus their development on themselves as an individual entry

The problem with this format is most riders would expect to be paid unlike times gone by when a rider would go almost anywhere for second halves etc just to get some laps in . Obviously if there isn't payment offered, then it's the rides choice to take part at their own costs. Speedway over the years has become it's own enemy as far as money being paid out to riders, who, like I've said expect it now. Not all juniors expect it of course.

Edited by ONTWOMINUTES
  • Like 1

Could Kent, mildehall and say Oxford not join iow and create a mini nora league for example and effectively stick two fingers up at the bspl? Could the bspl actually do anything to stop this? We’ve seen in the past I think Scott Nicholls threaten to sue the bspa when they wouldn’t allow him to double down. The bspl don’t really do anything to help the current ndl clubs survive so why shouldn’t they run against the bspl. 

I fail to see how any promising rider or any rider for that matter would be able to climb the speedway ladder without some sort of ndl or a training league. 

Could say for example Glasgow, Edinburgh and Berwick form a Scottish side to also join the Nora league and hold a few home matches at each track during the season? Surely that would spread the cost.

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Could Kent, mildehall and say Oxford not join iow and create a mini nora league for example and effectively stick two fingers up at the bspl? Could the bspl actually do anything to stop this? We’ve seen in the past I think Scott Nicholls threaten to sue the bspa when they wouldn’t allow him to double down. The bspl don’t really do anything to help the current ndl clubs survive so why shouldn’t they run against the bspl. 

I fail to see how any promising rider or any rider for that matter would be able to climb the speedway ladder without some sort of ndl or a training league. 

Could say for example Glasgow, Edinburgh and Berwick form a Scottish side to also join the Nora league and hold a few home matches at each track during the season? Surely that would spread the cost.

The independent tracks could probably run under Nora but the vindictive BSPL would never let any team racing in one or the other leagues have another team compete in Nora even though most of the teams only rent the track and if the owners of the track want to stage an event for extra income, the BSPL would pull the plug on the tenant racing under their term who shares the circuit. It really needs someone with balls to take on the cowboys in the BSPL/BSPA. On another note, could the Panthers track share at Mildenhall for one season or would the cowboys in charge object? 

1 hour ago, Hawk127 said:

The independent tracks could probably run under Nora but the vindictive BSPL would never let any team racing in one or the other leagues have another team compete in Nora even though most of the teams only rent the track and if the owners of the track want to stage an event for extra income, the BSPL would pull the plug on the tenant racing under their term who shares the circuit. It really needs someone with balls to take on the cowboys in the BSPL/BSPA. On another note, could the Panthers track share at Mildenhall for one season or would the cowboys in charge object? 

It’s frankly ridiculous in this day and age where clubs are closing left right and Centre what do they do decide to remove a league unbelievable really but we shouldn’t at all be surprised by the clowns who run this sport. 

• Like 1

With teams dropping like flies all 3 leagues must be close to being untenable.

As with everything it is all shades of grey. In a winter where we are losing at least two clubs already, rule changes scrapping the third tier will probably also see Speedway become unsustainable at another two. However you frame it, that’s bad business for the sport. 

The way to go would have been one professional league and a grassroots league. With no entry point to league racing the supply of riders will dwindle and potentially dry up completely in the next few years. Losing the National League will be worse for the sport than many realise I fear.   

• Like 4

Often the issues faced by each club are very different and therefore its not always a one solution fix all. Mildenhall struggle to prepare a consistent surface given the time and equipment available plus the crowd figures and fixtures vs rent demands just don't align. Joining Nora still wouldn't realistically offer an expanded fixture list and is likely to bring in lesser crowd levels if the level is NDL/NDL Lite. 

Kent on the other hand have much more realistic rent demands to meet and decent local support plus less travelling means potentially a more prosperous route forward in the Nora league. The co-operation between clubs and tracks rather than the in fighting that has plagued the BSPL' tenure will hopefully see a few green shoots of progress...

19 hours ago, bloom89 said:

It’s frankly ridiculous in this day and age where clubs are closing left right and Centre what do they do decide to remove a league unbelievable really but we shouldn’t at all be surprised by the clowns who run this sport. 

could you please enlighten me to who is removing a league as i understand it is still there but owners of clubs are saying its not viable and are not prepared to run . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

could you please enlighten me to who is removing a league as i understand it is still there but owners of clubs are saying its not viable and are not prepared to run . 

Tut tut, just because your on ‘the inside’ doesn’t mean you know more than the keyboard warriors….behave yourself !

14 minutes ago, KK62 said:

Tut tut, just because your on ‘the inside’ doesn’t mean you know more than the keyboard warriors….behave yourself !

Sorry I consider myself reprimanded 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 4:07 PM, phillwhitewasmad said:

Didn’t the bspl punish the iow for holding Nora meetings as well as Kent last season? The rate clubs are closing right now the bspl should be doing everything to help them to ensure we actually have a future sport but no they do the opposite.

• Like 1

I wonder if the BSPA are still busy going through that massive list of moto x riders they had signed up to try speedway a few years ago....??