British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You clearly weren't at Wimborne Road a few weeks ago when Jack, his missus and new born baby were greeted by the Poole crowd and interviewed by Nigel in front of the main grandstand!

Fantastic news and thanks Skidder - No my Poole visits are few this season with a 3.5 to 4 hour journey from deepest Essex ;-)

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What, like adding his weight to the Save Coventry Stadium fight?!

Could there be something in it for him, down the line?  I thought he said he could run it? I might be way off, but thought i'd read it somewhere.

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Could there be something in it for him, down the line?  I thought he said he could run it? I might be way off, but thought i'd read it somewhere.

He was making the point that as a successful promoter he could/would work with the Stox promoter who wanted to own the stadium,to run speedway successfully.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

What, like adding his weight to the Save Coventry Stadium fight?!

I wouldn't be his biggest fan lol, BUT I do think that if he needed to do it to save Eurosport deal and it wouldn't impact Poole too much he would do it to help the sport. 

Edited by HGould
Spelling

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Matt Ford will do what's best for Matt Ford, imho.

Very ironic comment considering you have Buster!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

He was making the point that as a successful promoter he could/would work with the Stox promoter who wanted to own the stadium,to run speedway successfully.

For free ;). I'd imagine that a "new" Coventry would attract decent crowds with a good team. Probably just the cynic in me.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Very ironic comment considering you have Buster!! 

But he has helped keep the Prem going, at the determent of his King's Lynn at times. I know he's far from perfect though;)

20 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

No thanks 

You'll be pleased 

5 hours ago, HGould said:

Playing devil's advocate here. 

Anders said he was 99.9% promised but they changed their mind. 

Brummies now look very uncertain to have a track next season let alone go up. 

Ford's have explained reasons for stepping down and long term future at Wimborne Road far from secure either. 

Poole fans... Would Matt Ford go back up to PL to ensure there was a PL and to ensure Eurosport deal wasn't broken. 

I would think if are moving up Anders would have been the rising star. 

In the local echo it did say Poole are set to run in the championship a few days back

5 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Jack Thomas was in attendance at one of the Poole meetings, seemed to be getting around ok 

Spoke to Jack at Cardiff asked him how he was and he was on about hopefully going to Poland for some practice

On 10/25/2023 at 9:57 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Such a low average for team building is causing issues as promotions have only fractions of a point to squeeze together the team they want. Anders wanted to be at Poole, the fans wanted him at Poole and he is a local lad. 

Next season:

Lawson 8.49
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Dominik Kubera 5.0
Mateusz Cierniak 5.0
Sam Hagon 2.57
Max Perry 2.0

Don't follow speedway in Poland so can you shed some light on these two please.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Essex said:

Just another point who has suddenly become available to let go Anders Rowe ?

Exactly!!;) someone released from another club or someone new to Championship?

Edited by Skidder1

You would think rather than Young improving riders like Anders being encouraged to improve as he has, they will in all likelihood find themselves frozen out.

Lowering the points limit will mean young improving British riders like Anders on the 5-6 point average bracket will struggle to find a team spot , madness.

All it Will encourage is other promising riders lucky enough to get a place next season were they will manipulate there average.

39 minutes ago, Gazc said:

You would think rather than Young improving riders like Anders being encouraged to improve as he has, they will in all likelihood find themselves frozen out.

Lowering the points limit will mean young improving British riders like Anders on the 5-6 point average bracket will struggle to find a team spot , madness.

All it Will encourage is other promising riders lucky enough to get a place next season were they will manipulate there average.

I think the riders that will struggle to find a team place will be the seven point plus riders as I can only see one of these per team. Anders could well find himself in the third heat leader role unless a team chooses to "backfill" with a number of 3 pont riders.

Heard off a VERY reliable  source here in Aussie this week that Lawson is off to Edinburgh and B. Cook is off to Glasgow as second heatleader. May be a rumour but doubtful going by the person who told me.

• Haha 2