British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

After doing some digging. 

Poole are NOT moving up 

Why should we, we have no need to . We have our own night weekly speedway two localish derbies . The only slight problem is the watering down of the product. But that will effect every team.

Trying to read in between the lines on the late turn around with Anders Rowe having initially been told he was almost certain to start in 2024 by Danny initially. Danny said in the Echo interview

“We had to adapt to an opportunity that was presented to us and one that we feel would put the club in a stronger position for next year.

“We’re working with a massively reduced points limit, probably the lowest my dad or I have ever had to work with, which has made us have to rethink a few things.

We just feel that to give us a better balance and a stronger team for next season, we had to let Anders go unfortunately.

Could it be that Keynan Rew  wants to race in both UK Leagues in 2024 after all ?. He stated prior to 2023 season start he wanted that,and we know he had meeting/s with Danny but they could not come to terms. Could he be looking to base more time in UK as with a Wed race night he could still get back for Leszno mainly Sunday matches, now he is allegedly being promoted into the main team as their foreign under 24 rider for 2024.. Yes may be the odd Sat/Sun situation but it could work ?

Rew on a 6 is arguably better than Rowe on a 5.80 as his elevation to a Champ H/L after his initial season in Prem and a reasonable first season in Pol Lge 1, plus runner up in the SGP U21 series  could be interesting if it came off. Plus the guy is only 21 in April.

Just some thoughts and I could be way off the mark, but just an idea.

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Why should we, we have no need to . We have our own night weekly speedway two localish derbies . The only slight problem is the watering down of the product. But that will effect every team.

Sayfutdinov, Doyle, the Holders, Fricke, B Kurtz, probably Bewley, probably Woffinden, POSSIBLY Lindgren as well. I can’t believe the majority wouldn’t prefer to sacrifice their traditional race day to see these riders around WR. There’ll be some who wouldn’t sure, but I’d be interested in a poll to see who would rather a watered down Championship on traditional Wednesday’s, or change race night and see world class riders back in the top flight. 

Reading between the lines I think Poole may well be Premiership bound.

56 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Trying to read in between the lines on the late turn around with Anders Rowe having initially been told he was almost certain to start in 2024 by Danny initially. Danny said in the Echo interview

“We had to adapt to an opportunity that was presented to us and one that we feel would put the club in a stronger position for next year.

“We’re working with a massively reduced points limit, probably the lowest my dad or I have ever had to work with, which has made us have to rethink a few things.

We just feel that to give us a better balance and a stronger team for next season, we had to let Anders go unfortunately.

Could it be that Keynan Rew  wants to race in both UK Leagues in 2024 after all ?. He stated prior to 2023 season start he wanted that,and we know he had meeting/s with Danny but they could not come to terms. Could he be looking to base more time in UK as with a Wed race night he could still get back for Leszno mainly Sunday matches, now he is allegedly being promoted into the main team as their foreign under 24 rider for 2024.. Yes may be the odd Sat/Sun situation but it could work ?

Rew on a 6 is arguably better than Rowe on a 5.80 as his elevation to a Champ H/L after his initial season in Prem and a reasonable first season in Pol Lge 1, plus runner up in the SGP U21 series  could be interesting if it came off. Plus the guy is only 21 in April.

Just some thoughts and I could be way off the mark, but just an idea.

Rew said he wouldn't do Championship in 2023 because it would be too much for his racing calendar  despite detailed discussions with Matt/Danny before he put pen to paper for Ippo! I don't see that changing too much - unless there's been a big re-think by all concerned.

As for the Premiership rumour there would need to be a complete 360°  turnaround by Matt/Danny from only a few weeks ago. Crowds have been really good in Championship with approx 30% lower costs and I still maintain even if there was an attractive enough incentive then the Prem would need to allow Wednesday racing. After all Mons/Thurs are only a priority race night not a must!

Edited by Skidder1

Poole will not be moving up,they are not as big a club as they used to be. Staying in the championship is proof of this.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Reading between the lines I think Poole may well be Premiership bound.

Sounds more like rider changes than league changes to me.

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Sayfutdinov, Doyle, the Holders, Fricke, B Kurtz, probably Bewley, probably Woffinden, POSSIBLY Lindgren as well. I can’t believe the majority wouldn’t prefer to sacrifice their traditional race day to see these riders around WR. There’ll be some who wouldn’t sure, but I’d be interested in a poll to see who would rather a watered down Championship on traditional Wednesday’s, or change race night and see world class riders back in the top flight. 

Believe again!!

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

After doing some digging. 

Poole are NOT moving up 

Of course we aren’t. And Poole retain the services of both Cooks. Believe 5 have now been signed and two second string berths to go. I don’t know who they are but one Danny Ford said is an opportunity not to pass over. Must be on a lower average than Anders Rowe.

Rew? 4 average in the PL. Possibly 6 in the Championship? If it’s down to fractions of a point, then it’s not too difficult to work out who would fit the last spot and who would not.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

I don’t believe you.

I don’t care.

Lawson 8.70 -2.5%  8.48

Ben Cook. 7.39

Zach Cook. 6.22

Reserve 1. 2.0

Reserve 2.  2.56

Rew. 6.0. (Not sure this is correct as not sure conversion from Premier to Championship.)

=32.65

means we have 5.35 for last rider. Rowe is 5.8 so he is ruled out. And “if” Rew is 6, it would rule out Kyle Newman who after the 2.5 deduction is 5.5.

Anyone know the conversion formula from Prem to Championship? 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lawson 8.70 -2.5%  8.48

Ben Cook. 7.39

Zach Cook. 6.22

Reserve 1. 2.0

Reserve 2.  2.56

Rew. 6.0. (Not sure this is correct as not sure conversion from Premier to Championship.)

=32.65

means we have 5.35 for last rider. Rowe is 5.8 so he is ruled out. And “if” Rew is 6, it would rule out Kyle Newman who after the 2.5 deduction is 5.5.

Anyone know the conversion formula from Prem to Championship? 

May as well put their names on Steve, we all know Sam Hagon is 2.56 and assuming the two pointer is Max Perry. 

So what’s the conversion between the leagues? I was with Gary May this afternoon at the footy but we didn’t talk about speedway at all. Should have asked him but we were both enjoying Cherries first win.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So what’s the conversion between the leagues? I was with Gary May this afternoon at the footy but we didn’t talk about speedway at all. 

Maybe you should have then you would have known what the conversion rate is lol. But the time taken with the VAR decision was prob a big talking point! ;)