British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Difference is that the council own the stadium, not Osborne. He is a leaseholder, nothing more. If the stadium lease came up, Matt Ford has said already he would form a consortium to get the lease. 

That would assume the Council would offer the lease again, and if they do offer it, what the operating/development criteria might be?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Difference is that the council own the stadium, not Osborne. He is a leaseholder, nothing more. If the stadium lease came up, Matt Ford has said already he would form a consortium to get the lease. 

Not sure I would put too much trust in the council but hopefully they want speedway to continue.

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I get that. But prime development land and a 'promise' from Poole Motorsports will tempt the council pocket...

Quite right Skidder why would the council  re let it,no logic in that at all.shovler keeps going on "he's only a leaseholder "But if the freeholder, the council and the leaseholder, Osborne,agree a common path and a deal which is to their joint financial benefit then that's it , matt ford would not be Involved 

Obviously I’m no Poole fan but is this Osborne bloke some kind of clown, he certainly cannot understand the history of all of our beloved sport,one of the most successful teams if not the most successful team ever and he’s circling like a shark I hope the fords keep it going for the sports sake and all the Poole fans and you all get together and tell him to do one. It’s well supported well run and the council should tell him to foxtrot Oscar . Good luck for the future Poole fans I genuinely mean that we all have digs at each other through the season but I admire Poole as there the model we should all be aiming at.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, HGould said:

If Poole go with Lawson, both Cooks, Brennan and the rumoured reserves, the addition of one of the better Aussie 4 pointers would make them unbeatable. 

All within the points limit so no one can complain. 

I'm sure the same was said last year too.

• Like 1

BCP and Osborne will have a fight on there hands if they try and close the stadium. Osborne does not own the land which is a blessing, if he doesn’t want to continue the lease then Mr Ford could take it on and if Mr Ford wishes not to there is other local business people that would take it on. There is plenty of local business people that would take it on and turn it into a multi use facility. 
I’m very confident BCP will soon back step once knowledge is in the public eye. We went through this at the end of 1995 when the council tried to close the stadium, and thousand of fans turned up at the civic centre which they didn’t expect! 
Poole’s main sporting event is speedway in the town, that has been here for 75 years, it’s unique and taking that out the town would be a massive mistake. Closing speedway isn’t just a sport it’s a weekly gathering and community for so many people and taking that away will have knock on effects. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

BCP and Osborne will have a fight on there hands if they try and close the stadium. Osborne does not own the land which is a blessing, if he doesn’t want to continue the lease then Mr Ford could take it on and if Mr Ford wishes not to there is other local business people that would take it on. There is plenty of local business people that would take it on and turn it into a multi use facility. 
I’m very confident BCP will soon back step once knowledge is in the public eye. We went through this at the end of 1995 when the council tried to close the stadium, and thousand of fans turned up at the civic centre which they didn’t expect! 
Poole’s main sporting event is speedway in the town, that has been here for 75 years, it’s unique and taking that out the town would be a massive mistake. Closing speedway isn’t just a sport it’s a weekly gathering and community for so many people and taking that away will have knock on effects. 

Sadly the issue is way above speedway or even sport. 

Mr Hunt decided to give away 20billion he didn't have on Wednesday. 

That means he has to cut that from public spending to balance the books. 

All Councils already cash strapped will have to suffer more cuts. Assets will have to be sold. Parasites like Clarke Osborne will feed off this. 

Sports Stadia won't be a priority when money is needed for social care, education, refuse removal, pot holes etc 

Prime Real Estate will be top of the asset list. 

10 hours ago, HGould said:

Sadly the issue is way above speedway or even sport. 

Mr Hunt decided to give away 20billion he didn't have on Wednesday. 

That means he has to cut that from public spending to balance the books. 

All Councils already cash strapped will have to suffer more cuts. Assets will have to be sold. Parasites like Clarke Osborne will feed off this. 

Sports Stadia won't be a priority when money is needed for social care, education, refuse removal, pot holes etc 

Prime Real Estate will be top of the asset list. 

So turning the site into a working community hub isn’t the answer? So much can be done to utilise the stadium and it’s use but it sits empty all winter. If it was put in the right hands it would be a massive attraction for locals and people coming into the area. Look at Oxford! You invest you get your rewards all you need is some to realise that. 
People saying oh it won’t change anything, with that attitude it won’t, you have to fight to keep the site and you need to do that in numbers. 
The site could be used for so much, concerts (planning required) boxing events, go karting, Poole town Fc (Bigger speedway track installed) outside of sports a restaurant/cafe hub, Christmas markets the list goes on. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Vitality Stadium will be sitting empty in 2/3 years time. Could make a hell of a great speedway stadium!

Anyway who is this last rider? Hmmm!

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Vitality Stadium will be sitting empty in 2/3 years time. Could make a hell of a great speedway stadium!

Anyway who is this last rider? Hmmm!

Jacob Hook? Well he does have a pirate name :D

• Haha 1

So just to put the team that we are all thinking out there! 

1. Lawson 8.48

2. (4.2 left)

3. Ben Cook 7.39

4. Zach 6.22

5. Brennan 7.15

6. Hagon 2.56 

7. Perry 2 

Now Perry did suffer a very serious injury so could that scare us off him? Or are we assuming that not only will he be physically fully fit he will mentally be fine as well? 

With the addition of Brennan I would think he would be at 5 leaving the cooks to continue their exciting partnership 

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

1. Lawson 8.48

2. (4.2 left)

3. Ben Cook 7.39

4. Zach 6.22

5. Brennan 7.15

6. Hagon 2.56 

7. Perry 2 

Now Perry did suffer a very serious injury so could that scare us off him? Or are we assuming that not only will he be physically fully fit he will mentally be fine as well? 

With the addition of Brennan I would think he would be at 5 leaving the cooks to continue their exciting partnership 

Maybe start off with B Cook at 5 until Tom is settled in imo. 

4 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So turning the site into a working community hub isn’t the answer? So much can be done to utilise the stadium and it’s use but it sits empty all winter. If it was put in the right hands it would be a massive attraction for locals and people coming into the area. Look at Oxford! You invest you get your rewards all you need is some to realise that. 
People saying oh it won’t change anything, with that attitude it won’t, you have to fight to keep the site and you need to do that in numbers. 
The site could be used for so much, concerts (planning required) boxing events, go karting, Poole town Fc (Bigger speedway track installed) outside of sports a restaurant/cafe hub, Christmas markets the list goes on. 

Thats all great thinking. 

But! 

It needs investment and most Councils don't have the proverbial pot to pee in. 

Firesales of assets will be the order of the day. 

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

1. Lawson 8.48

2. (4.2 left)

3. Ben Cook 7.39

4. Zach 6.22

5. Brennan 7.15

6. Hagon 2.56 

7. Perry 2 

Only yesterday I commented below:

Looking at last green sheets it left either a 4 point Aussie or Hook/Borke/J Thompson (although we would waste near enough half a point)/Nielsen/Starke/Pearson.

Not convinced on Hook personally as he is 21 has had 2 seasons in Champ and POL U24 but hasn't really done much.  

Pearson may offer more as only 18 but has shown some signs.

Declan Kennedy (Zaine's younger brother) has shown promise in Aussie and have seen the odd rumour about maybe UK bound.

Would love it if the Ford's could pull some strings on Zischke with powers that be. Some say he was going to join Poole for 2023 (March) before POL U24 season started on 18th Apr. Unfortunately his injury in Aussie before end 2022 ruled him out for 6 months, so only rode 6 matches - 23 rides from July to season end, rather than 18 matches for finalists.

Just seems unfair that he is penalised a point so 5 not 4 if rumours on the forum about him being a 5 for racing in POL U24 before riding UK, where Pearson/Hook still keep there achieved 4 point av despite riding 2 seasons in both UK and POL U24 league. If that is the rule despite it being circumstances outside his control just seems a bit unfair.

Just my opinion but I am biased I suppose having raved on Zischke since before start of last season having seen his exciting style and potential with even Darcy Ward saying he reminded him a lot of a younger DW.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo