British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Osborne should look at taking over the Ringwood (Matchams) Raceway and turning that into a full Motorsports venue?

No chance there but purely as a back up I would look at the ringwood cheetahs banger racing site,weekly meetings there thro summer,also is there still banger racing venue on the Wareham/weymouth road??

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Osborne should look at taking over the Ringwood (Matchams) Raceway and turning that into a full Motorsports venue, especially as the current Matchams Raceway Owner and Promoter, Craig Robinson, is part of the Swindon Motorsports consortium!?

Is that why he's set up the new Company? 

If Wimborne Road site is sold by Council for development, he could offer the ready-made nearest alternative site? at Ringwood. 

All I’m going to say, if BCP want to sell the site very soon, as in a year or two they will be met by a mass of resistance from locals. The only sporting arena in the heart of the town won’t be easy to get rid of mark my words. All I hear is real estate is what they need to make money, is Poole stadium there only asset? No! 

The process of shutting down the stadium has highly likely already started with the closing of the greyhounds on the back of Covid which was an ideal excuse,  there were difficulties for speedway to return post Covid. Sadly for speedway fans the perfect lease holder for BCP is in place to do the job in Mr Osboure with his previous experience in these matters with the latest example being Swindon.

Would not be suprised if a smaller football only ground were to be built in some part of the stadiun/car park area for the Dolphins who currently play their football on part of a school field, they have new owners who's previous clubs being Yeovil and Crawley and have big plans for the future, also they have a long time sponsor who are a development company, you can see their work opposite Barclays. Building the football ground would cover the sport use covenant on the site and could be used by the 'community' financed by the developer when redeveloping  the stadium site, this process has recently been used for Wimbourne as they sold their old ground to a developer who built them a new one else where in this case the BCP would look favoritly if this was to be part of the redevelopment as the BCP own the land.

The BCP have a financial black hole and the area was in the redevelopment council plan recently, factor in that Barclays is being converted into flats the odds of speedway continuining in Poole are sadly very slim,.

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

All I’m going to say, if BCP want to sell the site very soon, as in a year or two they will be met by a mass of resistance from locals. The only sporting arena in the heart of the town won’t be easy to get rid of mark my words. All I hear is real estate is what they need to make money, is Poole stadium there only asset? No! 

I think you vastly overestimate the level of resistance and the difference it would actually make. Very sadly for speedway there is very little chance that it'll be stopped. The sporting use covenant will be covered by some multi-use 3g pitch and that'll be that.

It's an awful realisation that your club's existence is very likely coming to an end, but it's happening more and more each passing year. I feel for Poole's fans.

47 minutes ago, 2ndbendbuncher said:

The process of shutting down the stadium has highly likely already started with the closing of the greyhounds on the back of Covid which was an ideal excuse,  there were difficulties for speedway to return post Covid. Sadly for speedway fans the perfect lease holder for BCP is in place to do the job in Mr Osboure with his previous experience in these matters with the latest example being Swindon.

Would not be suprised if a smaller football only ground were to be built in some part of the stadiun/car park area for the Dolphins who currently play their football on part of a school field, they have new owners who's previous clubs being Yeovil and Crawley and have big plans for the future, also they have a long time sponsor who are a development company, you can see their work opposite Barclays. Building the football ground would cover the sport use covenant on the site and could be used by the 'community' financed by the developer when redeveloping  the stadium site, this process has recently been used for Wimbourne as they sold their old ground to a developer who built them a new one else where in this case the BCP would look favoritly if this was to be part of the redevelopment as the BCP own the land.

The BCP have a financial black hole and the area was in the redevelopment council plan recently, factor in that Barclays is being converted into flats the odds of speedway continuining in Poole are sadly very slim,.

Seem like a well thought  and rational post if your right Poole could be in deep trouble.

12 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Seem like a well thought  and rational post if your right Poole could be in deep trouble.

The council and the football club have both recently said that returning to Poole Stadium is NOT an option and are seeking a new football stadium elsewhere ( which of course may be a smokescreen). 

The new council will shortly be publishing its new Local Plan for public consultation in January 2024. The 'old' council's previous plan had the stadium site mapped out as one of several areas 'for development' without specifying for what? Although most people would assume housing?! So I guess its a 'wait and see'!

As you have said it may be a smoke screen by both the BCP and football club saying returning to the stadium is not an option, but dose not rule out a new ground on the old staduim site? the new ground would be a community asset that would provide an all year round sport facility for Poole thats has to be a big tick in the box of any development? the proposed development area is not soley the stadium site its from Barclays including the old BT building and truck park as well, recently a new football ground on the edge of Poole was proposed by the club but this appears to have been turned down by the council and gone quiet, just maybe there is a better future option? 

As you say we will have to wait and see, enjoy the speedway while its still there.

Nice to see Josh Grajczonek winning the Queensland senior 500cc title at the weekend from Zischke, and the 2 Kennedys!  Tate Zischke winning the U.21 title!

20 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

I think you vastly overestimate the level of resistance and the difference it would actually make. Very sadly for speedway there is very little chance that it'll be stopped. The sporting use covenant will be covered by some multi-use 3g pitch and that'll be that.

It's an awful realisation that your club's existence is very likely coming to an end, but it's happening more and more each passing year. I feel for Poole's fans.

probably right roger,also poole speedway had a great relationship with various poole mayors and councillors thro the years,due in no small part to the tremendous work done by matt ford to develop this,however youve now got to chuck in all the bournemouth and christchurch councillors and your dealing with a different animal and certainly cant imagine many of them supporting motorbike racing !

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So BCP have just released the draft local plan, will go through it and see what the stadium site has for plans!

What about this that "supports" the local plan?

image002.png

image001~2.png

23 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

What about this that "supports" the local plan?

image002.png

image001~2.png

That's no difference to the previous plan. Nothing specific and no planning permission (yet)!

I posted last season that the Poole promotion were sounding out possible venues for relocation for 2025. Hopefully this will turn out ok but must be a cause for concern.