British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

And Joe instead of Max

As much as I like Kyle, who had a very good season, it has to be Brennan, he is going to get better, i can really see him flourishing at Poole 

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

As much as I like Kyle, who had a very good season, it has to be Brennan, he is going to get better, i can really see him flourishing at Poole 

Obviously I hope it works out for us. If Max is as good as some seem to think maybe another permutation that could of  been considered and maybe was considered is Rowe and Newman instead of Brennan and the rider as yet unannounced.

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Obviously I hope it works out for us. If Max is as good as some seem to think maybe another permutation that could of  been considered and maybe was considered is Rowe and Newman instead of Brennan and the rider as yet unannounced.

Matt and Danny have rarely got it wrong, so when Brennan became available it was a 'no brainer', although Max was always in a reserve spot in any case.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt and Danny have rarely got it wrong, so when Brennan became available it was a 'no brainer', although Max was always in a reserve spot in any case.

I dont think getting Brennan is a no brainer, has been inconsistent at Poole in the past but I realise as a home rider that should change. Some seem to think he is a 9 point rider on 7 point average, do not see him achieving more that 8. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I dont think getting Brennan is a no brainer, has been inconsistent at Poole in the past but I realise as a home rider that should change. Some seem to think he is a 9 point rider on 7 point average, do not see him achieving more that 8. 

I know the league has been weakened, but if he achieves an 8 point average, would that not be deemed a success and vindicate the decision anyway? 

7 hours ago, gazzac said:

I know the league has been weakened, but if he achieves an 8 point average, would that not be deemed a success and vindicate the decision anyway? 

Yep. 

9 hours ago, gazzac said:

Not in my opinion, in this weakened league he needs to be over 8, depends how others in the team go whether or not it was a good decision to get him. 

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Not in my opinion, in this weakened league he needs to be over 8, depends how others in the team go whether or not it was a good decision to get him. 

It’s not a weaker league, it’s a more balanced league. Aside Basso, Dougie, Tarasenko etc who were not going to race Championship in any case due to Polish commitments, Im not sure which riders have been lost to the league?  It might make teams like Poole weaker as they can’t pack 3 top averaged riders in, it doesn’t make the overall league weaker. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IanBrannan said:

It’s not a weaker league, it’s a more balanced league. Aside Basso, Dougie, Tarasenko etc who were not going to race Championship in any case due to Polish commitments, Im not sure which riders have been lost to the league?  It might make teams like Poole weaker as they can’t pack 3 top averaged riders in, it doesn’t make the overall league weaker. 

Not sure how an overall points reduction doesnt make it weaker. Having two pointers at reserve is making teams weaker at reserve although some teams havent taken that route. Last season we didnt start with 3 top averaged heat leaders but we all knew Ben was more than capable of the step up to heat leader. 

Not wanting to take over the Poole thread, but from Glasgow’s perspective, it’s undeniable the 7 riders we will start next season with are clearly weaker than the 7 we started 2023 with, even putting the forced change for Vadim to one side, which did make us stronger.

Must be true of others too. Doesn’t mean we won’t get good racing, of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IanBrannan said:

Can’t agree it’s more balanced league when people like Kyle Newman as an example have been promoted to a third heat leader role when he will come up against the likes of masters, nicholls, cook, wright etc that isn’t balancing the league at all it’s made it weaker as others have said. You’ve dropped the points limit and diluted the league to make the gap between the top two leagues further apart. No disrespect to some of these riders but they are being pushed into heat leader spots because the league has been weakened when in effect they are very good reserves or second strings.

Riders like masters, lawson etc will eventually get their averages too high and be pushed out the league . Its a slow process. 

Fail to see all this”knocking” of Brennan,he is still young and a quality rider.There are not many riders on 7+ average whose away average was higher than his home.There are number of riders whose home average is all that makes their average decent.Once he dials in to Poole he will do the job for them IMO.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Fail to see all this”knocking” of Brennan,he is still young and a quality rider.There are not many riders on 7+ average whose away average was higher than his home.There are number of riders whose home average is all that makes their average decent.Once he dials in to Poole he will do the job for them IMO.

That’s right ,give him a year and  he’ll be on the pace no doubt .