British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think Adam IS capable of a 6 point average but injuries hold him back and poor bike preparation lets him down. He seems to have more than his fair share of EFs including three in a row at Glasgow at the end of July. His early season form suggested it was going to be a big year for him but he quickly seemed to fade. Such a shame. 

That is said every year regarding Roynon,never delivers though.

32 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I like Kyle (end of season average 5.65. all from reserve) and Anders (5.95) occasionally shows his abilities but to suggest, even in a weaker league they’d score 14-16 points per meeting is pushing it, especially as Kyle would no longer be at reserve. I think your judgement on Tom and Tobias is closer to the mark - 9 to 11.

Poole rarely make mistakes and, if they do, they usually find ways to correct them. One of Middlo’s main jobs, as well as “mothering” Tobias has to be keeping Lawson focused on his racing and not allowing him to be distracted by his testimonial. If he can do that, Poole will be close to the top again in 2024

His testimonial is not till September, so hope it doesn't distract him all season 

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Joe T wasn't an option as he'd agreed to join Plymouth with his brother. Tobias' recent scores in the Danish 2nd tier show he has improved a lot. The Fords have a great record of putting together teams of riders that can all improve their averages. If Rowe and Newman were included as 2nd strings with Zach Cook as 3rd heat leader then I'm not sure the improvement would be there?!

Rowe has potential to be a big improver next season, Zach has a lot more to come in my opinion and we know Kyle gives his all for Poole, yes the Fords have a great record but not flawless. When they say wildcard signing they mean they live in hope not expectation. I am sure Joe T could have been back if we had acted sooner.

Edited by foreverblue

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Rowe has potential to be a big improver next season, Zach has a lot more to come in my opinion and we know Kyle gives his all for Poole, yes the Fords have a great record but not flawless. When they say wildcard signing they mean they live in hope not expectation. I am sure Joe T could have been back if we had acted sooner.

So you wanted Anders, Kyle and Joe in a 38 point team? Who else would you include with that limit?

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Joe T wasn't an option as he'd agreed to join Plymouth with his brother. Tobias' recent scores in the Danish 2nd tier show he has improved a lot. The Fords have a great record of putting together teams of riders that can all improve their averages. If Rowe and Newman were included as 2nd strings with Zach Cook as 3rd heat leader then I'm not sure the improvement would be there?!

That's never stopped Poole before :D

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So you wanted Anders, Kyle and Joe in a 38 point team? Who else would you include with that limit?

Didn't say that, I would have Anders and Kyle instead of Tom and Tobias or Joe T instead of Tobias.

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Didn't say that, I would have Anders and Kyle instead of Tom and Tobias or Joe T instead of Tobias.

I hear you. So what would your 1-7 be?

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

His testimonial is not till September, so hope it doesn't distract him all season 

If his entire season is fixated on one night he shouldn’t be racing. 

Only a matter of time before Lawson gives brennan a slap,as he wanted to do to roynon last season. 

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

Only a matter of time before Lawson gives brennan a slap,as he wanted to do to roynon last season. 

He would probably deserve it though!!

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why would he deserve it? Am I missing something as usual! 

Edit - FB looks like you have confirmed you don't like Tom! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

When you know you know :t:

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why would he deserve it? Am I missing something as usual! 

Edit - FB looks like you have confirmed you don't like Tom! 

Haha, knew you would say that.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Richard, Ben,Zach,Anders,Kyle, Max, Sam.

OK, so no Joe T then, but I think that makes the team weaker with Zach as 3rd heat leader.

I think there is more improvement in Zach and Toby as 2nd strings than Anders and Kyle.    Just my opinion.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1