British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, StevePark said:

When talking about "Max", for some reason I thought you were talking about Clegg!!

That makes sense, sounded a bit harsh on Perry to say he's developed & shouldn't be in the NL lol!

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That makes sense, sounded a bit harsh on Perry to say he's developed & shouldn't be in the NL lol!

Max Perry's average is not too high it is just that Leicester went with a squad of 7 riders with averages to their liking & could not fit him in. In my opinion, J Thompson should not be there.

Well done to Ben Cook who was voted 'The most improved rider of the year' award at the Aussie Championship Series!!

Awarded by a panel of expert judges - both domestic and overseas:t:

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done to Ben Cook who was voted 'The most improved rider' award from the Aussie Championship Series!!:t:

Where did he finish in the final standings as I’ve not been following the Aussie season 

Screenshot-2024-01-14-at-14-53-54.png

Edited by daz9100
  • Like 2

Tight from 6th-10th! 

• Like 1

Fair play to Ben finishing ahead of Pickering, Masters and Dougie. Also didn't someone predict Tungate was going to win it! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Fair play to Ben finishing ahead of Pickering, Masters and Dougie. Also didn't someone predict Tungate was going to win it! 

Yes and if he carries that form over to the Premiership Oxford will have a great season

Middlo and Havvy continuing as joint team Managers.  Havvy will have one more meeting under his responsibility (Worky), whilst Middlo will have one less (Brum)!

• Like 1

Looks like middlo hasn’t got much travelling to do this year only Oxford and Plymouth,think giving havvy one more meeting ain’t a bad thing at all.

Wessex Marine continue as Main Team Sponsors of the Pirates for a 2nd season

:t:

• Like 2

On 1/15/2024 at 8:18 AM, foreverblue said:

Yes and if he carries that form over to the Premiership Oxford will have a great season

Should be in Australian team events and gp’s, needs to take lemon out a lot more

Zach Cook isn't having the best of preseasons but I hope he improves over the course of the regular season. He has a lot more weight on his speedway shoulders this season with a much weaker 2,6 and 7 than last year starting for Poole.

12 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Zach Cook isn't having the best of preseasons but I hope he improves over the course of the regular season. He has a lot more weight on his speedway shoulders this season with a much weaker 2,6 and 7 than last year starting for Poole.

Maybe that's why Poole wanted him to start in his 2nd string position from 2023.

• Like 1