British Speedway Forum

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Tobias not likely to be out as long as first feared, apparently it's only a sprain 

I did say he'd be back for our next home fixture in July!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Ben in his latest meeting for Leszno at Gorzow.

Edited by lbw

On 6/16/2024 at 10:19 PM, szkocjasid said:

For the Oxford match, is Zach & Sam (X3) stronger than Joe T?

On 6/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, lisa-colette said:

My issue with r/r is you need Hagon to be scoring double his average to cover and anytime you are needing a rider to do that then you are putting extra pressure on them. He still young and going to have up and down meetings. 

I think a guest would be the best option as even if they don't do amazing you can always get Hagon to take one of their rides anyway if needed. 

On 6/17/2024 at 12:04 PM, Bojangles said:

Sam Hagon rode a whole season for the Chargers, he's very good around Sandy Lane. Joe Thompson has always been a bit and miss, I think Hagon would score more than him without even factoring in Zach Cook. No brainer for me.... although I want you to lose, so I'll shut up! :D

It seems clear Poole would've been better with r/r, perhaps they should've showed more faith in their own riders?

I guess it doesn't matter so much if r/r would score more than Tobias, the question is would r/r score more than Joe?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It seems clear Poole would've been better with r/r, perhaps they should've showed more faith in their own riders?

A boo-boo for Middlo!

After going to Oxford I'm so looking forward to seeing the Pirates in action again on hopefully a better prepared WINborne Road track in comparison to last time!

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Was at Leicester this afternoon to watch Cubs 47-41 Chargers.

But above that I was there to keep a keen eye on Vinnie & he rode with great style to score 11+2 which would've been 13+1 but for a dropped chain in his last ride. Only Luke Killeen got the better of him in heat 4.

He did have one moment where he nearly lifted off his bike but thankfully he managed to get it back under control. Certainly had the crowd anxious for a moment.

Good lad is Mr Vinnie & Poole Pirates certainly got mentioned a lot by not only Vinnie but also the announcer/interviewer

The lad as a great future if he can keep his front wheel down!

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lbw said:

Was at Leicester this afternoon to watch Cubs 47-41 Chargers.

But above that I was there to keep a keen eye on Vinnie & he rode with great style to score 11+2 which would've been 13+1 but for a dropped chain in his last ride. Only Luke Killeen got the better of him in heat 4.

He did have one moment where he nearly lifted off his bike but thankfully he managed to get it back under control. Certainly had the crowd anxious for a moment.

Good lad is Mr Vinnie & Poole Pirates certainly got mentioned a lot by not only Vinnie but also the announcer/interviewer

The lad as a great future if he can keep his front wheel down!

I really liked the look of him in the Under 21s at Glasgow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

I really liked the look of him in the Under 21s at Glasgow. 

He does tend to ride a tight inside line a lot which catches him out on a patchy track track.Glasgow was perfectly prepared for his riding style.(always well prepared).

• Like 1

MUST WATCH

Ben Cook home debut for Leszno vs Torun.

Fantastic action from the Pocket Rocket!

3 hours ago, lbw said:

MUST WATCH

Ben Cook home debut for Leszno vs Torun.

Fantastic action from the Pocket Rocket!

I hope Dan and Matt have a replacement lined up for 2025 as, on that showing, Ben isn’t going to be going Championship next year  

57 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I hope Dan and Matt have a replacement lined up for 2025 as, on that showing, Ben isn’t going to be going Championship next year  

Why not? His Champ scores and average are not exactly soaring this year - he’ll be our #1 in 2025. Beyond that the future is anyone’s guess …

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

3 minutes ago, KrisB said:

Why not? His Champ scores and average are not exactly soaring this year - he’ll be our #1 in 2025. Beyond that the future is anyone’s guess …

I think riders need to be doing 3 leagues to get enough meetings in. So can only see him dropping Champ if he gets a team place in Sweden or Denmark next year. 

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

That is if Poole are coming to the tapes in 2025, gone very quiet on that front 

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

That is if Poole are coming to the tapes in 2025, gone very quiet on that front 

Why shouldn't they?

7 minutes ago, Catalan said:

Why shouldn't they?

All down to gaming international and the rent