British Speedway Forum

With a rumoured 38 points limit and with the usual British average percentage reductions of averages I can see something like: (Please note rough averages)

1) S Worrall 8.00 2) Jack Thomas 4.80 or A Foreigner 5.00 3) Zach Cook 6.20 4) Anders Rowe 5.90 5) Ben Cook 7.40 6) Joe Thompson 3.60 7) Sam Hagon 2.60

All riders imo have potential to improve averages.

Still think they will keep Richard as he is an asset. Then if you have both Cook's that leaves just over 16 for 4 riders if we are working to a 38 point limit.

Poole DJ is going to go on about Tom Brennan coming to Poole now as he has wanted him here for past few seasons but as he is on 7. 15 average, would have to be instead of Ben Cook, so can't see that. 

It’s alright going on about the cooks but if I’m not wrong is it not right one of them is a Plymouth asset,so  don’t get to carried away Poole fans,and before I hear he doesn’t want to ride for Plymouth fair enough buy him,if not maybe he won’t be riding in anyones team, maybe the highest bidder will get him. If he’s not a Plymouth asset anymore I’m sorry for wasting peoples time reading my ramblings lol.

If it's a 38 limit, how about? With a lower limit could probably expect plenty teams with 2.00 reserves, so Poole would have strength there & if the Cook's can continue their trend of upping their averages, shouldn't be a bad heat leader trio!

Poole  
Richard Lawson 8.48
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Drew Kemp 5.19
Stefan Nielsen 3.75
Joe Thompson 3.51
Adam Roynon 3.41
Total 37.95
Edited by szkocjasid

I'd rather go for a 2.00 rider instead of Roynon and have Rowe or another 6.00 rider instead of Nielsen 

• Like 2

Poole YT channel just put this up. Features Josh G, is that a hint ;) Though it just reminds us what an amazing team rider Darcy was. Tai was with them for most of the race and still he team rides Josh G around. Lots of no1's would clear off for the win if that was happening to them. 

Anyway back to 2024...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

I'd rather go for a 2.00 rider instead of Roynon and have Rowe or another 6.00 rider instead of Nielsen 

If it's a 38 limit, wouldn't be able to pick Rowe & 2.00 instead of Nielsen & Roynon. Would need to replace another, Kemp?

Poole  
Richard Lawson 8.48
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Kyle Newman 5.51
Dan Thompson 4.86
Joe Thompson 3.51
An Other 2.00
Total 37.97
Edited by szkocjasid

That would be a handy team with good gaps between the averages so the lineup doesn’t get messed around during the season.

55 minutes ago, Catalan said:

Think Poole have a 2 point rider lined up.

M.P

57 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If it's a 38 limit, wouldn't be able to pick Rowe & 2.00 instead of Nielsen & Roynon. Would need to replace another, Kemp?

Poole  
Richard Lawson 8.48
Ben Cook 7.39
Zach Cook 6.22
Kyle Newman 5.51
Dan Thompson 4.86
Joe Thompson 3.51
An Other 2.00
Total 37.97

Or the following allows Anders to be retained:

Steve W 7.84 Ben 7.39 Zach 6.22 Anders 5.80 Dan Thompson 4.86 Joe Thompson 3.51 plus the 2-pointer (37.62)

7 hours ago, lewy said:

M.P

Max Perry would be a very wise move. First saw him ride at Rye House 5 years ago alongside Nathan but in a different class of cc. Both cleaned up that day. It was pre-meeting heats before Rye House took on Poole.

I've since seen him develop at Leicester & he's a very good prospect.

Edited by lbw

On 10/17/2023 at 9:08 PM, Mike0310 said:

It’s alright going on about the cooks but if I’m not wrong is it not right one of them is a Plymouth asset,so  don’t get to carried away Poole fans,and before I hear he doesn’t want to ride for Plymouth fair enough buy him,if not maybe he won’t be riding in anyones team, maybe the highest bidder will get him. If he’s not a Plymouth asset anymore I’m sorry for wasting peoples time reading my ramblings lol.

You are correct Zach is a Plymouth asset but it really doesnt matter, he will ride where he wants for a loan fee, no need to buy him, i suppose Plymouth could say if you want him buy him but that rarely happens. 

4 hours ago, lbw said:

Max Perry would be a very wise move. First saw him ride at Rye House 5 years ago alongside Nathan but in a different class of cc. Both cleaned up that day. It was pre-meeting heats before Rye House took on Poole.

I've since seen him develop at Leicester & he's a very good prospect.

Max Perry is a good prospect or possibly Sam Hagon.