British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, lewy said:

I know I'm quoting myself but this may well not be the case now,team building constantly changing.

Agree not Scunthorpe.

56 minutes ago, lewy said:

I know I'm quoting myself but this may well not be the case now,team building constantly changing.

Would love to see Stevie at Workington

1.Lawson 8.48

2.. Newman 5.50

3.B.cook 7.39

4.A.rowe 5.80

5.Z.cook

6.S.hagon 2.56

7.M .Perry 2.00

Total       37.95

Just a guess,averages inc 2.5% british reduction. 

5 hours ago, lewy said:

1.Lawson 8.48

2.. Newman 5.50

3.B.cook 7.39

4.A.rowe 5.80

5.Z.cook

6.S.hagon 2.56

7.M .Perry 2.00

Total       37.95

Just a guess,averages inc 2.5% british reduction. 

If that turns out right, keeping 5 of this year's team. So much for being ripped apart! 

What about Jack Thomas who would be on a similar average to Kyle,In my opinion Kyle won’t improve much on 5.50 in the main team even in a weaker league,Jack Thomas would improve I think but the other top4 spots I’m guessing are pretty much nailed on 

• Like 1

With Kyle I guess it depends on when he has his NHS shoulder op and what the recovery time is likely to be?!

Jack Thomas and Anders Rowe have no luck with injuries but have sadly to be seen as a risk as a result. 

Kyle Newman has had shoulder issues since his Birmingham days pre Covid 

Any 2 pointers won't have has the track time at Poole that others may have had riding NDL at places like Berwick, Edinburgh, Oxford, Workington or extensive practice options at Scunny, Redcar. So right 2 pointer choice for Poole with little practice options will be key. 

Lawson and Cooks look obvious but beyond that lots of decisions to make. 

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

https://www.totalguidetodorset.com/sport/poolepiratessteveworrallexit/

Looks like Steve wasn't allowed to say anything lol. But Danny saying we have to lose 7 points, pretty much confirms a 38 point limit. 

I don't see what Ford's problem is here? Surely giving fans a chance to say thank you to a guy who led you to every trophy available until end of this season it should be made public? Was obvious one of Richard or Stevie were going and the anointed one has had a better year. 

Won't it potentially add more fans to the gate too in what is otherwise an end of season challenge match? Sure Steve no had a vintage season, but that happens to everyone who has a testimonial year in my experience.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I don't see what Ford's problem is here? Surely giving fans a chance to say thank you to a guy who led you to every trophy available until end of this season it should be made public? Was obvious one of Richard or Stevie were going and the anointed one has had a better year. 

Won't it potentially add more fans to the gate too in what is otherwise an end of season challenge match? Sure Steve no had a vintage season, but that happens to everyone who has a testimonial year in my experience.

Yeah, I have no problem with it. Nice for riders to say it for themselves and say their goodbyes to fans if that is what they wish. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, I have no problem with it. Nice for riders to say it for themselves and say their goodbyes to fans if that is what they wish. 

Yeah said that to the old man yesterday. Had hoped we had thrown together some kind of meeting this month to say goodbye, in particular to Tom and Ben. I'm not an end of season dinner guy so last will see them was the 1st leg. You will have that chance with Stevie and couple others no doubt

38 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah said that to the old man yesterday. Had hoped we had thrown together some kind of meeting this month to say goodbye, in particular to Tom and Ben. I'm not an end of season dinner guy so last will see them was the 1st leg. You will have that chance with Stevie and couple others no doubt

Poole haven't done an end of season do for a long time now! So that may have been why Stevie said it last night, no other chance! And sure a lot of fans would have spoken to him in the Champs bar last night after the press conference bit. 

https://www.totalguidetodorset.com/sport/steveworrallpooleexit/

If anyone wasn't at the press conference and wanted to know what was said. 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

https://www.totalguidetodorset.com/sport/poolepiratessteveworrallexit/

Looks like Steve wasn't allowed to say anything lol. But Danny saying we have to lose 7 points, pretty much confirms a 38 point limit. 

Why not let Steve say his goodbyes with a meeting left as he’s done a good job for Poole over all.

Fair play to him for ignoring Ford’s decision.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

The report doesn't say 'Ford had a problem with it!'  It had already been decided so any surprise/shock(?) was just the unexpected timing of Steve's announcement, bearing in mind the 2024 points limit still has to be 'rubber stamped' at the AGM. Danny Ford stating that Poole have to lose 7.5 points pretty much confirms 38 as the team building limit as long as club Promoters agree in Tenerife next month!  Remember pre-2023 Promoters were working to a 42 point limit which was then reduced to 40 points to 'assist' certain clubs and 'penalise' others! (I'd love to know how the vote went? 5-4 to the 'weaker' clubs which then led to the 6-team play offs?? )

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The report doesn't say 'Ford had a problem with it!'  It had already been decided so any surprise/shock(?) was just the unexpected timing of Steve's announcement, bearing in mind the 2024 points limit still has to be 'rubber stamped' at the AGM. Danny Ford stating that Poole have to lose 7.5 points pretty much confirms 38 as the team building limit as long as club Promoters agree in Tenerife next month!  Remember pre-2023 Promoters were working to a 42 point limit which was then reduced to 40 points to 'assist' certain clubs and 'penalise' others! (I'd love to know how the vote went? 5-4 to the 'weaker' clubs which then led to the 6-team play offs?? )

It's left us a little bit stunned and it's not ideal. Doesn't sound like he wanted it 

Now finish work and had time to read more than first line very valid points. I don't understand the "stronger sides" argument. Everyone builds to the same average. In theory the teams should all at least be competitive. Reducing the limit won't even the playing field. The "better" clubs will still attract the more attractively averaged riders and still be ones to beat 

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 1