British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, Aries said:

There’s two points between them. Rew on a 4.00 would be a far superior signing than Cook on a 6.00. Cook has done very well this year don’t get me wrong, but in the long run Rew is a far bigger talent and will go on to be a much better rider IMO. 

Why would Ipswich not use Rew though? Sign him on a 5.00, give him a bedding in year to learn the tracks, and then not retain him on a point less? Makes no sense from an Ipswich perspective. Rew has struggled at times hence his average, but has also shown flashes of his undoubted ability. He’ll kick on next year. 

I’m not saying he will be at belle Vue. I’ve heard absolutely nothing about him and belle Vue but I’m sure Lemo. Will try and sign him. But also as hawkins says. They want to keep majority of the team and rew will be part of his plans 

11 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Adam’s problem has been that due to being a bit of a gating tart not having speed he just ends up looking lost at the back.  Can honestly say I can count on one hand the amount of times he has come from the back home or away in the last few seasons.  When he gates he’s usually gone, it really can you afford a rider that goes 3,0,3,0 each meeting.  Hope he gets a team spot somewhere as always a shame when a British rider misses out on a UK spot 

He will get a team spot somewhere in that average for sure. He’s definitely worth the gamble. 

it’s a big year for Adam over here. He needs to show something. As I said earlier he’s shown very good form in Poland albeit the low league but prices he can win plenty of races. Just need to get him firing over here. 

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

I’m not saying he will be at belle Vue. I’ve heard absolutely nothing about him and belle Vue but I’m sure Lemo. Will try and sign him. But also as hawkins says. They want to keep majority of the team and rew will be part of his plans 

Same thoughts here. Ipswich would be mad to let him go but whenever I've seen him there his style doesn't seem to suit.

I think he'd really kick on at Belle Vue, it's helped Lidsey immeasurably this year and why wouldn't the national team manager want to get another youngster kicking on?

31 minutes ago, Aries said:

There’s two points between them. Rew on a 4.00 would be a far superior signing than Cook on a 6.00. Cook has done very well this year don’t get me wrong, but in the long run Rew is a far bigger talent and will go on to be a much better rider IMO. 

Why would Ipswich not use Rew though? Sign him on a 5.00, give him a bedding in year to learn the tracks, and then not retain him on a point less? Makes no sense from an Ipswich perspective. Rew has struggled at times hence his average, but has also shown flashes of his undoubted ability. He’ll kick on next year. 

If Louis wants him there isn’t a doubt in my mind he’ll be back at Ipswich. He won’t be better off financially anywhere else I know that much. 

15 minutes ago, DJC said:

Same thoughts here. Ipswich would be mad to let him go but whenever I've seen him there his style doesn't seem to suit.

I think he'd really kick on at Belle Vue, it's helped Lidsey immeasurably this year and why wouldn't the national team manager want to get another youngster kicking on?

He’s looked comfortable at Foxhall and his best performances have come there as you’d naturally expect being his home track. I do think he’d thrive with the NSS as his home track though. IF he moved there I could easily see him putting two points on his average and being a 6 pointer in his second season here. Hopefully Louis is smart enough not to give a rival that advantage!

Edited by Arch Stanton

Personally I don't think we will see Dan or Jaimon at BV or in the UK next year, although I would love to be proved wrong. Adam Ellis is a huge gamble,  he seemed slow at times this season, and he gave us the finger last october!. I would be happy with that team nontheless.

Edited by one of clubs

Not a Belle Vue fan but like in all sports its a domino effect

If Ipswich sign Emil and Jason then Rew will have to be in that side 

If Ipswich only retain one then they could get someone stronger average wise than Rew

I know it was his first season in the UK, and the hope is for improvement but it doesn't happen for everyone, and i think he would likely add more to his average at Belle Vue than Ipswich for sure

If no Bewley or Lidsey and there is talk of no Brennan? think BV should keep Brennan and lose Wright as its a risk after injruy

I could see Kurtz, Blodorn, Brennan joined by Woffinden & Ellis then someone like Steve Worrall if it fits

Bailey as the RS if there is one

58 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

If Ipswich only retain one then they could get someone stronger average wise than Rew

I know it was his first season in the UK, and the hope is for improvement but it doesn't happen for everyone, and i think he would likely add more to his average at Belle Vue than Ipswich for sure

If no Bewley or Lidsey and there is talk of no Brennan? think BV should keep Brennan and lose Wright as its a risk after injruy

I could see Kurtz, Blodorn, Brennan joined by Woffinden & Ellis then someone like Steve Worrall if it fits

Woffinden will be over the hill 

7 hours ago, one of clubs said:

Personally I don't think we will see Dan or Jaimon at BV or in the UK next year, although I would love to be proved wrong. Adam Ellis is a huge gamble,  he seemed slow at times this season, and he gave us the finger last october!. I would be happy with that team nontheless.

If we didn't sign riders who had given the finger there wouldn't be Many to choose from lol. 

4 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

With the rumores team, how have you got to the conclusion of no lidsey or Bewley and Tai is already at Sheffield.  It's highly likely Charles will be fit to start the season. 

49 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

If we didn't sign riders who had given the finger there wouldn't be Many to choose from lol. 

that includes woffinden for his v sign to the grandstand 2016 final 

4 hours ago, 4BM said:

Woffinden will be over the hill 

I guess you mean the Pennines to Belle Vue then:D

• Haha 1

It wouldn't surprise me if Dan didn't ride in the UK next season, surely as a professional Speedway rider the GP's are a priority. Dans form in the UK and the GP's went backwards in 2023. IMHO as Polish and Swedish tracks are more suited to his style, thats where he should ride and get back to winning ways. I say this with a broken heart as like most Belle Vue fans, I've seen Dan since he burst onto the scene in 2016. But his ambition and career must come 1st for him. That's my head talking, my heart wants him back.

• Like 2

Would have back

kurtz

blodorn 

lidsey 

wright 

IMO Dan wasn’t great this season for us. Not sure if he’s committed to UK . Needs to toughen up if he’s going to progress further let too many riders breeze by him at important moments.

Brennan had a few good heats but generally struggled at home and looked slow. 

On 10/19/2023 at 9:34 AM, DJC said:

Lidsey’s progress this year surely has more to do with his 3 years riding in Poland more than having Belle Vue as a home track?

I’m pretty confident & would certainly hope that Rew will be back at Ipswich. Belle Vue isn’t for everyone Doyle struggled with it this year at time, Nicholls couldn’t get on with it & it doesn’t appeared to have made Brennan kick on. 

Adam Ellis will sign with his mate Bewley.

if they keep Lidsey and Kurtz in the team perhaps they’ll use Connor Bailey at reserve next to a rising star leaving them plenty of points to use in the top 5