British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It’s Oxford 

Is right Phil you have both cook brothers ai bell vue next season? 9

On 11/24/2023 at 10:14 AM, Crazy robin said:

Disappointed to see the best rising star being released along with Charles & don’t think either will struggle for a team spot hopefully.

I'll add, it's disappointing 2 Brits being dropped.

Nobody has been “dropped”, or “released” for that matter. Every rider is out of contract until they sign a new one for the following year. Belle Vue have simply decided not to sign them for the 2024 season which is their right. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

7 hours ago, SSL84 said:

Is right Phil you have both cook brothers ai bell vue next season? 9

No. Just Ben 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

No. Just Ben 

Shame would've liked him at Ipswich instead of king

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Shame would've liked him at Ipswich instead of king

Ben cook over king? Really?

he scored 5+3 riding reserve and 5+1, 4+2 riding at 4 and 2 in his Foxhall visits last year and his gsa only 1.05 less than king huge downgrade that for very little gain elsewhere in team building. 

Edited by 89buttons

14 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nobody has been “dropped”, or “released” for that matter. Every rider is out of contract until they sign a new one for the following year. Belle Vue have simply decided not to sign them for the 2024 season which is their right. 

Precisely.

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll add, it's disappointing 2 Brits being dropped.

A little, but those two Brits have deals elsewhere and BV's job is to build the best possible team under the points limit. 

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Ben cook over king? Really?

he scored 5+3 riding reserve and 5+1, 4+2 riding at 4 and 2 in his Foxhall visits last year and his gsa only 1.05 less than king huge downgrade that for very little gain elsewhere in team building. 

No chance Danny King wont be back, very few ride Foxhall as well as him and rode brilliantly in the play offs.

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

So why were Poole so upset that Basso chose to go to Glasgow?

At times their attitude sounded like Basso had just received a testimonial then left the next day after promising to stay (I may be exaggerating slightly lol).

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

At times their attitude sounded like Basso had just received a testimonial then left the next day after promising to stay (I may be exaggerating slightly lol).

Because Poole think they are the cat whiskers and nobody would dare leave them out of choice?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Because Poole had invested a lot of time and money and paperwork in bringing him over on the basis of a 2-year arrangement, which Basso decided wasn't practical after the first season due primarily Wednesday fixture clashes (despite Poole agreeing to minimise clashes by changing racedays in certain weeks) - plus Basso was tapped up during the play-offs!!

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Because Poole had invested a lot of time and money and paperwork in bringing him over on the basis of a 2-year arrangement, which Basso decided wasn't practical after the first season due primarily Wednesday fixture clashes (despite Poole agreeing to minimise clashes by changing racedays in certain weeks) - plus Basso was tapped up during the play-offs!!

As with the Tarasenko situation, it's absolutely hilarious to see Poole fans getting their knickers in a twist with this type of thing. The exact type of stuff Poole happily did for years and years.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess my question would be did he sign a 2 year contract or just verbally agree to return. If it's the first one they can get mad, if it's the second one - well they've practically done the same to Anders Rowe, told him he's 99% sure of a team spot, only to change their mind.

Getting off topic now, whoops.

On 11/23/2023 at 8:04 PM, 89buttons said:

If that’s the side I find it curious that cook was signed over wright or Brennan tbh 

Have to agree, I rate Cook, but wouldn't have signed him in place of either of them.

• Like 1