British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Team getting announced tonight? Any surprises or are all the rumours true?

Are the Colts being announced tonight also?

No surprises so far, blodorn, cook, mountain, bailey, lidsey announced, just the top two to go…

So cook and mountain in for wright and Brennan? 
They look weaker to me 

44 minutes ago, DJC said:

They look weaker to me 

They have to start the season on a lower team average than they ended last year with, so they were bound to be weaker..

Unless they could have got a "four point superstar" on an obviously false assessed average..

Personally I would have gone for a weaker No6 and replaced Blodorn with Charles Wright, as "the tail" looks too long if the Aces want to be title contenders...

Thy don't look like they have that "4th Heat Leader" that they had with Wright, and, instead have two clear Second Strings and two clear reserves..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Just now, mikebv said:

They have to start the season on a lower team average than they ended last year with, so they were bound to be weaker..

Unless they could have got a "four point superstar" on an obviously false assessed average..

Like Lidsey last year.......;):P

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Personally I would have gone for a weaker No6 and replaced Blodorn with Charles Wright, as "the tail" looks too long if the Aces want to be title contenders...

Thy don't look like they have that "4th Heat Leader" that they had with Wright, and, instead have two clear Second Strings and two clear reserves..

I think it’s the mountain signing that jumps out for me the most.
I expected a 4 pointer out of no where like Blodorn was to fill that other reserve spot. I guess the hope is that Blodorn kicks on and Cook establishes himself as that no4 heat leader. Tough ask.

Ipswich  - Sheff  look really good.then you have the rest 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJC said:

They look weaker to me 

Of course, had to go from 42.74 to below 40, not going to get stronger!
Key is improvement over the season though. 

There never is & never will be a "4th heat leader".  Three heat leaders, two seconds strings & two reserves.... is a speedway team.

Team is Ok, don't see it being able to challenge, may scrape the Play Offs.  Other than possibly Blodorn & Bewley I don't see any improvement.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 6:12 PM, Chrisdonnelly said:

Yeah really hard to watch the gps last season. Almost giving the championship to zmarzlik. Too many throttle jammers and not enough track craft used theses days. 

Zmarzlik is a throttle jammer, tends to go where he shouldn’t but gets away with it. But has finesse as well.  One day it may all go wrong.  I hope I am wrong n that.

Edited by OveFundinFan

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Zmarzlik is a throttle jammer,

Sorry can't agree with that at all I've  never seen such a magician on s/way bike I always thought Mauger was the best but IMO Bart will become the GOAT !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

Of course, had to go from 42.74 to below 40, not going to get stronger!
Key is improvement over the season though. 

Ipswich look stronger, this team doesnt look good to me, Mountain will be a massive weak link.

9 hours ago, Col said:

There never is & never will be a "4th heat leader".  Three heat leaders, two seconds strings & two reserves.... is a speedway team.

Team is Ok, don't see it being able to challenge, may scrape the Play Offs.  Other than possibly Blodorn & Bewley I don't see any improvement.

Don’t underestimate Ben Cook, he was very impressive last year after settling down

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Don’t underestimate Ben Cook, he was very impressive last year after settling down

Ben had a really good season but not sure he will improve much at Premiership level.

9 hours ago, Col said:

Under the current team average, I'd argue there's only 1 heatleader & 4 2nd strings. Only the top averaged rider has a fixed position in the team. 

It's only OUR historic habits & Team Managers that 2nd in averages goes at No5 & 3rd goes at No3. 

Those days have long gone, the top 3 can ride at No1, No2, No4 if seen fit by the TM. Some teams are build with no heatleaders at all. 

We should change are view that someone placed at No2 & No4 are of lesser ability of a No3 & No5. 

I thought the full team was being announced. Is there a surprise or shock waiting in the wings. Over to you Phil the ace