British Speedway Forum
longmeadow

Promoters Conference

50 minutes ago, Neila said:

Why conference doesn't start till 15th, they will be too busy packing to release a pre conference statement 

Ok then. Just following up on another post saying AGM started on 10th!

12 hours ago, Aries said:

What boils my pi$$ is why wait so long before having these conferences? Why can’t the conference be done 24 hours after the final meeting of the season? Does someone say “nah we’ll wait for 3 weeks until mid November sometime”? Poland as usual, professional, done and dusted and clubs completing their line ups for 2024!

Its a Company AGM! The BSPL and the clubs have to submit their end-of-season financial accounts as well as declaring their intentions to run in 2024, as well as all the operational issues that need sorting. They can't do that the day after the last track action.

9 hours ago, KrisB said:

Ok then. Just following up on another post saying AGM started on 10th!

That was probably partially my fault. I was abroad and picked up on a conversation and simply got my weeks wrong. I blame the sun and booze!!B)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

That was probably partially my fault. I was abroad and picked up on a conversation and simply got my weeks wrong. I blame the sun and booze!!B)

You been to the Shateau (as seen on TV), that's where they should have held the conference! :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KrisB said:

Press release tonight?

12 hours ago, Neila said:

Why conference doesn't start till 15th, they will be too busy packing to release a pre conference statement 

Perhaps it's been postponed and will now take place at the end of next year.....:rofl:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Perhaps it's been postponed and will now take place at the end of next year.....:rofl:

Same weekend as the Jubilee Trophy maybe? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, iainb said:

Maybe a full explanation of the costs involved and a new contract for the exclusive provision of biscuits for the conference from a Turkish biscuit manufacturer looking to break into the sport... they'll probably fall apart as soon as they're dunked though :D

You got a bit of a sweet tooth? Bourbons, chocolate Hob-Nobs(they are good), .......... :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

You got a bit of a sweet tooth? Bourbons, chocolate Hob-Nobs(they are good), .......... :rolleyes:

I have... Dark Chocolate Hob-Nobs are the Premiership League of biscuits though... it's Bourbons for you... unless you move up of course, in which case you can have the Chocolate Hob-Nobs in 2 years time!

5 hours ago, iainb said:

You been to the Shateau (as seen on TV), that's where they should have held the conference! :D

It's probably where most of the main decisions will have been made!!:rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I have... Dark Chocolate Hob-Nobs are the Premiership League of biscuits though... it's Bourbons for you... unless you move up of course, in which case you can have the Chocolate Hob-Nobs in 2 years time!

I hope we don't move up to make the numbers up(2 + 2 = 5) as we would need Ryan & he is rumoured to be with you again.

20 hours ago, KrisB said:

Press release tonight?

I've a horrible feeling that may be to announce one team not attending as they've lost their track. 

Hope I'm wrong fellow Brummies

Does Phil Morris get an invite to attend this?

14 minutes ago, Lefty said:

He's Chief Executive of a section of BSP Ltd., so Yes!

On 11/12/2023 at 2:42 PM, Tim G said:

Why not, why does it have to be in the UK like you’re demanding?

If it’s only costing £1k each to attend that’s not much money and I doubt many promoters get the chance to go away during the season.

It's simply doesn't have to be in Tenerife.  It's ridiculous.

They expect riders to be professional and committed.  Not treat it as recreational and indulge.  It's double standards.  They punish such as Boxall and R Worrall while on the job, then they indulge themselves in a holiday jolly when they should be concentrating on the job in hand.  If they were professional and business-like, if they had a clue how to conduct themselves, they would have the meeting within a suitable business-like environment.  They haven't a clue.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lefty said:

Somebody has to water the plants in the hotel...

And keep the meeting on time...