British Speedway Forum
longmeadow

Promoters Conference

3 minutes ago, GS550 said:

I applaud your post.  But as regards "if it stops childish promoters walking out".  Firstly, they may have had a fair point(?).  But the world really has gone mad if it need a meeting at a holiday booze up island to somehow stop some of the promoters from leaving the meeting.

I can see why you'd think this, but it happens in the real world..

Last october I actually got flown out to munich by one of our international telecomms vendors and spent 3 days at Oktoberfest striking out a new contract, even though it's a different scenerio, unnecessary things happen.

17 minutes ago, GS550 said:

I applaud your post.  But as regards "if it stops childish promoters walking out".  Firstly, they may have had a fair point(?).  But the world really has gone mad if it need a meeting at a holiday booze up island to somehow stop some of the promoters from leaving the meeting.

Holiday booze up island:lol:.If it was that my mate wouldn't have moved there 19 years ago.Didn't see one drunk there last month,bit different to what i see here.

12 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

OK, it's not £31, but you can currently get flights to Tenerife from Gatwick for a £40 round trip. Hardly breaking the bank.

Correct.  You see, unlike the people just making stuff up, I actually got a quote for a flight to see what it cost.     At the time I posted, a flight for me on the day the AGM starts and returning on the day it finishes was £58.  But if I booked for different dates, with around a fortnight's notice, the cheapest I could get it down to was £31 round trip. 

Similarly there was a plentiful supply of hotels where 2 nights in Tenerife were cheaper than two nights in a Premier Inn standard of hotel in Coventry.   But why go to the trouble of looking up the prices like you and I did, when you can just post made-up drivel?

38 minutes ago, GS550 said:

I see you picked 2nd December - what was the price for this Week?

And you seriously believe that the total price will be anywhere near £31.  We all know it will be nowhere near that, after all necessary add-ons, luggage, etc, plus airport parking, commute to/from airport, etc.

In any case it's nowt to do with money.  There is simply no need for it to be in Tenerife.

Why? If it isn't about money, then why does it matter where it is? 

15 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Correct.  You see, unlike the people just making stuff up, I actually got a quote for a flight to see what it cost.     At the time I posted, a flight for me on the day the AGM starts and returning on the day it finishes was £58.  But if I booked for different dates, with around a fortnight's notice, the cheapest I could get it down to was £31 round trip. 

Similarly there was a plentiful supply of hotels where 2 nights in Tenerife were cheaper than two nights in a Premier Inn standard of hotel in Coventry.   But why go to the trouble of looking up the prices like you and I did, when you can just post made-up drivel?

Do you actually believe it's cheaper to go to tenerife rather than Rugby? Or still trying to wind the previous poster up, I'm intrigued haha.

54 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

OK, it's not £31, but you can currently get flights to Tenerife from Gatwick for a £40 round trip. Hardly breaking the bank.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 21.17.49.png

Not very good if your from worky, at least 2.5 hours from nearest airport and 350 miles from Gatwick each way , about £150 in petrol 

7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Do you actually believe it's cheaper to go to tenerife rather than Rugby? Or still trying to wind the previous poster up, I'm intrigued haha.

Why would "believe" come into it?  I've only stated facts.  Almost everyone has access to the internet, and should be capable of googling cheap flights.   It's only the same as flying to the G.P.s in Poland at a fraction of the cost of driving to the Cardiff G.P, as many do every year.

38 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Didn't see one drunk there last month,bit different to what i see here.

....you didn't see me then B)

37 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

What a load of baloney.  You used a Ryanair price and we all know those prices are nowhere near the total prices with all the add ons that just bring it back up to its truw final price.

You say hotels are cheaper than the UK.  They aren't.  How many stars?  Minus 10?

Its a joke - just like the Mickey Mouse conference. :drink:

Nearest airport to worky, Newcastle to tenerife 4 days flying 8.30 2morrow £169 each then 4 nites hotel say £300 plus car park £70  this is very last minute still a lot of money to vote on what has been agreed pre meeting 

37 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think GS550 has a severe case of the Boxalls!!:rofl::t:

Nope.  I just have a sense of fair play.

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why? If it isn't about money, then why does it matter where it is? 

To be professional, business-like and concentrate on the serious matters in hand.  They haven't a clue how to be professional and business-like, they obviously haven't a clue how to conduct themselves.

6 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Why would "believe" come into it?  I've only stated facts.  Almost everyone has access to the internet, and should be capable of googling cheap flights.   It's only the same as flying to the G.P.s in Poland at a fraction of the cost of driving to the Cardiff G.P, as many do every year.

Wow, you must be truly deluded then or have never flown from an airport. Would love to see your breakdown of costs. It's also a real misconception that flying to a Poland GP is cheaper overall, because of the same said 'hidden' costs of budget airlines, airport parking/extras, distance to airport, hotels at airport etc. Poland has very much caught up with hotel prices.

It's okay googling flights or using Skyscanner, what is your cost before getting to said destination. If you can get from Workington to Tenerife for under £250 you are a miracle worker, would be more like £350, then similar priced hotels on top at least £200 (i've looked these are the cheapest).  2 nights in Coventry Premier Inn is less than £200.

Sick of replying with the same FACTS now, I'm struggling to understand how you don't get how it works?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

I'll state another fact for you, it's technically free to get to Rugby. Now work that one out and see how daft it sounds...

It's basically the same way you'd get to fly to Tenerife for £58