British Speedway Forum
longmeadow

Promoters Conference

58 minutes ago, screm said:

If clubs now have the option of using a guest or rider replacement to cover any of their top five, I think next season will see a guest fest of incredible proportions. 

55 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

@Bagpuss will be pleased lol

Deep joy :blink:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, frigbo said:

O*ford in both the PL and Champ?!!

Their Chargers logo is still on NDL page as well. They can't be running in all 3 leagues, surely?

Financial suicide, surely?

• Like 1

Another utter pointless AGM with pathetic outcomes. There really is no point at all to these annual meetings, I can't wait for a breakaway league

Edited by torpointfanatic22

2 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Another utter pointless AGM with pathetic outcomes. There really is no point at all to these annual meetings, I can't wait for a breakaway league

What difference would that make?

It would be the same people running it who are happy to run the sport the way they do now...

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I know loads of people who dont attend anymore due to the way referees started races... 

It will be great to see the electronic random starting system implemented, hopefully that brings back some of those who have stayed away... 

For real? Loads of people?

I mean, there are so many reasons to stay away from speedway and loads of people do stay away from speedway.

But are 'loads' of people staying away because of the length of time the starting tapes are held? Really? Am I missing something? Is this really speedway's salvation?

6 minutes ago, Wessexbobcat said:

6 minutes ago, Wessexbobcat said:

Well nothing that makes me want to return in that !

What?

Not even the electronic random starting system?

You are hard to please Bobcat...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, truthsayer said:

For real? Loads of people?

I mean, there are so many reasons to stay away from speedway and loads of people do stay away from speedway.

But are 'loads' of people staying away because of the length of time the starting tapes are held? Really? Am I missing something? Is this really speedway's salvation?

I think MikeBV might have been a touch sarcastic

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Steps back in amazement.

Mind you. If they get all their fixtures completed, it might embarrass a few clubs who can't, despite only running one team.

• Like 3

Looks like Oxford have been forced(?) to run PL as insurance for when Birmingham inevitably fold mid- season... or don't even make it to the tapes in March :unsure:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I think MikeBV might have been a touch sarcastic

How very dare you...

Maybe they could stream it in action and let us watch it on our smart phones during the meeting?

We could also maybe have a competition called "Guess the start time" measured from the Green light to tapes up...

And also publish the mean start time averages of the 15 heats in the Speedway Star each week...

I also presume the refs now get paid less as they no longer risk their lives pressing a start button for our entertainment a minimum 15 times a night..? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What an AGM! 

2 replacement clubs to keep the PL at 7 clubs. Increase in points limit.

1 replacement club to move into the CL, reducing by one club, but with a reduced points limit.

Less p off fixtures in the CL. 

More gusts allowed and random starting. 

Let’s hope all 7 PL teams can find enough riders to reach the new points limit