British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Davis

Oxford Spires 2024

Looks a good team to me, can't agree with the very odd poster who thinks it looks poor.

Great number one, solid throughout & possibly the best reserve in the league. Bringing riders back to the UK, using 4 Brits, what's not to like?

Ok one thing, that there is only ONE Spire / Cheetah doubling up is odd to me.

• Like 3

I can see this being an inconsistent side. Some weeks they might all click, but others they'll get a stuffing through lack of heat winners.

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

What in gods name are you talking about :rofl: This team in brilliant and the addition of Maciej to British speedway (not to mention the return of Nicolai and Rohan) are huge... Charles and Bomber are great riders also and the reserves look strong (Assuming Boughen doesn't burn himself out after a big start to his career, but even if he did there's a few RS options out there still)

Am crying with laughter...this team is brillant  lol . I seen some funny things on forum but this unreal .somehow  a team.with no heat leaders is a great team. You got to love speedway fans fantatic comedy...

4 hours ago, orion said:

Am crying with laughter...this team is brillant  lol . I seen some funny things on forum but this unreal .somehow  a team.with no heat leaders is a great team. You got to love speedway fans fantatic comedy...

Same guy also said it was an honour to have Tarasenko in this country. Madness.

If you look at each rider in isolation then it's a decent side, but there's a reason Wright/Klindt/Tungate are 6-7 point riders, they will always have a few duff meetings. Harris is only getting older and Janowski was poor last year, he wouldn't be in the UK otherwise.

It's not the worst side you'll ever see but it's certainly not brilliant!

1 hour ago, RogerM22 said:

Same guy also said it was an honour to have Tarasenko in this country. Madness.

If you look at each rider in isolation then it's a decent side, but there's a reason Wright/Klindt/Tungate are 6-7 point riders, they will always have a few duff meetings. Harris is only getting older and Janowski was poor last year, he wouldn't be in the UK otherwise.

It's not the worst side you'll ever see but it's certainly not brilliant!

Most middle order riders have duff meetings, Harris is still a heat leader in this league and Klindt was a heat leader last time he rode here, middle order down is strong compared to other teams and thats where they will gain alot of points. Reserves win meetings and Kerr is the best reserve of teams already announced. 

I think they look better than Leicester, Lynn and the rumoured Brum, but behind Ipswich, Sheffield and BV.

What Oxford will have is the strongest reserve in the league throughout the season as it’ll mainly be Kerr. I’m not sure there will be a better one tbh. 

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

What Oxford will have is the strongest reserve in the league throughout the season as it’ll mainly be Kerr. I’m not sure there will be a better one tbh. 

Surely King's Lynn have set up the stronger reserve with it switching between Wojdylo, Palm-Toft & Iversen?? Kerr isn't anywhere near their level. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Surely King's Lynn have set up the stronger reserve with it switching between Wojdylo, Palm-Toft & Iversen?? Kerr isn't anywhere near their level. 

Kerr is proven at all UK tracks

Wojdylo although done well with Pboro is still somewhat unproven over the course of a full season 

Palm-Toft has had injury problems so maybe he is more on Kerrs level 

If Iversen dropped to reserve I'd be extremely concerned rather than looking at it as a positive 

10 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Kerr is proven at all UK tracks

Wojdylo although done well with Pboro is still somewhat unproven over the course of a full season 

Palm-Toft has had injury problems so maybe he is more on Kerrs level 

If Iversen dropped to reserve I'd be extremely concerned rather than looking at it as a positive 

Why, I fully expect out No6 to be on a 6+ average. Providing all are fully fit I don't think that's unreasonable to expect. 

30 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Kings Lynn will have the best reserve..People keep going on about Kerr but he hardly ever makes a full season without being dropped.

7 minutes ago, orion said:

Kings Lynn will have the best reserve..People keep going on about Kerr but he hardly ever makes a full season without being dropped.

I think that you will find that Kerr has only been dropped once due to poor form, and that was the 2022 season at Kings Lynn.

Sheffield last season was down to the injuries to other riders and nothing to do with his form.

I would say that Palm Toft is a gamble he never seems to finish a season without injury. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Aries said:

You people need to stop biting. Orion is a sad little tool who only posts controversial takes for bites and you’re all making his life easy by jumping straight in his net. 

Yes saying Oxford are a poor side on a speedway forum  is so controversial .Watch out for the snowflakes outside.

Edited by orion

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Yes saying Oxford are a poor side on a speedway is so controversial .Watch out for the snowflakes outside.

You haven’t just given your opinion though have you, Orion. Everybody (well most) can see right through your trolling drivel. You can not rate it as much as others, no problem. But you’ve gone with the reactionary bait setting “garbage” “terrible side” which it blatantly isn’t and you know it. You’re one of two things, you’re either completely and utterly clueless about Speedway, or you’re a trolling tool. You’ll no doubt attempt another illiterate comeback doubling down on your “opinion”, but as I say, most see right through your inane drivel. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aries said:

You haven’t just given your opinion though have you, Orion. Everybody (well most) can see right through your trolling drivel. You can not rate it as much as others, no problem. But you’ve gone with the reactionary bait setting “garbage” “terrible side” which it blatantly isn’t and you know it. You’re one of two things, you’re either completely and utterly clueless about Speedway, or you’re a trolling tool. You’ll no doubt attempt another illiterate comeback doubling down on your “opinion”, but as I say, most see right through your inane drivel. 

The main thing is not  to bite thou yea ..lol

• Haha 1