British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

Posted (edited)

Been a while since I checked in on this thread...relieved to see it's not being dominated by talk of the return of KK, it's not at that stage yet! :D

My guess for the last 2 riders...Wozniak & Zengota. Neither signed in Denmark yet that I can see, so have a bit of space in their calendars? Was a big fan of Zengi in his season at the Bees in an albeit poor season for the club as a whole, was a fan favourite if I recall but did have a frustrating habit of going something like 0,3,3,0 in a meeting! Looked to be doing a solid job for Leszno last season?

Edited by JamieE

2 hours ago, JamieE said:

Been a while since I checked in on this thread...relieved to see it's not being dominated by talk of the return of KK, it's not at that stage yet! :D

My guess for the last 2 riders...Wozniak & Zengota. Neither signed in Denmark yet that I can see, so have a bit of space in their calendars? Was a big fan of Zengi in his season at the Bees in an albeit poor season for the club as a whole, was a fan favourite if I recall but did have a frustrating habit of going something like 0,3,3,0 in a meeting! Looked to be doing a solid job for Leszno last season?

Leicester tried Wozniak but said that he was going to concentrate on Poland and Grand Prixs  this season but was open to a call later in the season depending on how things were going.

22 hours ago, kitten2502 said:

Well, it certainly wont be Martin Smolinski because Sam can't pronounce it!

I remember the DVD commentator used to mention 'Slominski' and 'Cavotti' ...

20 hours ago, JamieE said:

Need better  than those 2 to stand any chance ..

19 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Need better  than those 2 to stand any chance ..

Any team not fully announced yet is probably scratching around for cheap alternatives. 

And the next rider to be announced is...............

..............., to be announced soon.

3 hours ago, Petecc said:

And the next rider to be announced is...............

..............., to be announced soon.

Or Ermolenko style Straightaway 

Piotr and Millik maybe 

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Piotr and Millik maybe 

If that's true, I think Birmingham's crowds will dwindle pretty quickly.

I think this is a real concern for Birmingham and it’s very clear the team has been together with signings confirmed and announced before a full line up is complete - meaning it’s very likely they will come in well under the points limit. 

The final signings simply need to be Artem Laguta and Piotr Pawlicki if they are to stand any chance of being competitive and winning home matches. Laguta will be just fine at home after a match or two and there is every chance Pawlicki could bring his usual Swedish form with him. Anybody else and they are likely to be getting beat all over the place and the already dwindling crowds will already be dropping off by the time we head into May.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Piotr and Millik maybe 

If so, all the best to Brum in seeing the season out....

That TV money must be really worth it for survival f they think that those two will make a competitive team...

Piotr as a 3rd HL (at a push, 2nd HL) would be OK given his level in Poland...

Millik is "best second string" level, or (again at a push), 3rd HL level...

As a spearhead, absolutely no chance with those two, especially given their signings to date...

Not saying it’s them 2. But both have been spoken to. 

but so as BZ, laguta and many others. 

But they won’t get a top top rider because they would have secured it by now or if they do they will be paying desperate money. 

rumoured BZ was offered 7k per meeting 

6 hours ago, Najjer said:

I think this is a real concern for Birmingham and it’s very clear the team has been together with signings confirmed and announced before a full line up is complete - meaning it’s very likely they will come in well under the points limit. 

The final signings simply need to be Artem Laguta and Piotr Pawlicki if they are to stand any chance of being competitive and winning home matches. Laguta will be just fine at home after a match or two and there is every chance Pawlicki could bring his usual Swedish form with him. Anybody else and they are likely to be getting beat all over the place and the already dwindling crowds will already be dropping off by the time we head into May.

100% agree.

Patryk dudek was rumoured to want to ride in the uk last season and his wage demands prevented that happening.  
does he still want to ride over here ? 

Still saying Schlein plus another.

Brum would've been complete by now if they managed to get 2 quality riders in.

They've signed 5 riders on a budget and are hoping to get two HL's in however the names being linked with Brum now are of much lesser quality than they were at the start.

• Like 1