British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

On the plus side......

They've started work on the track and it looks like a whole new load of shale has been laid :t:

Terry is back and I have no doubt that we will have a great surface for racing...even if it is a bit of a 'leveller' !

No home advantage  then ????.

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

No home advantage  then ????.

No..!!!

I can't remember bham ever having a track with 'significant' HOME advantage???

Edited by GiveusaB

24 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

No..!!!

I can't remember bham ever having a track with 'significant' HOME advantage???

J.Sedgman said that .No good 4 the home side .. doesnt seem enough  interest in the Brum area to get good gates...

19 hours ago, TTT said:

So have Brum actually signed the final two or not now?

If they haven't then the alarm bells are about to ring, No top rider will make a last minute decision to take on another work load, They're top professionals who'll want everything in place ASAP.

Can't understand why you are so concerned about Birmingham signings. You are neither from Birmingham or a brummies fan. In fact all you have done for the last 2 months is run down the Birmingham owner and the club as a whole. Perhaps you would do all genuine Birmingham fans a big favour and troll off somewhere else.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BrumFan said:

Can't understand why you are so concerned about Birmingham signings. You are neither from Birmingham or a brummies fan. In fact all you have done for the last 2 months is run down the Birmingham owner and the club as a whole. Perhaps you would do all genuine Birmingham fans a big favour and troll off somewhere else.

Some advice for you considering that you're a new member.

If you can't accept opinions that don't blow smoke up club bosses / promoters backsides then this forum isn't for you.

This forum doesn't live in a fantasy world where it see's no wrong in club bosses and the sport as a whole, This forum is the complete opposite and members will speak the truth and call out the nonsense that promoters spout.

You cant throw around financial numbers and names like Zmarzlik only to deliver nothing so far.

17 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Laguta earns £2,000 per point for Wroclaw.

He would be prepared to join Birmingham for 30% of that. How much lower can he go?

Has he indicated that to Birmingham Management surely at those figures they would of jumped at the chance?

2 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

Has he indicated that to Birmingham Management surely at those figures they would of jumped at the chance?

Still expensive  with low crowds every week ...

58 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

What's the point when he won't ride at half the tracks in the league and that Wroclaw pull him every time they have a crucial meeting coming up?

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

They had no choice if they wanted to continue..

Only due to a straight jacket the sport has put in itself! Crazy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Byker Biker said:

What's the point when he won't ride at half the tracks in the league and that Wroclaw pull him every time they have a crucial meeting coming up?

True....Not really what Brum are looking for ...

9 hours ago, Marky_Mark said:

As it’s a slow work day, I decided to sit and do the maths on this.

So a third of that is about £650 a point, let’s just say Artem scores 10 points then £6500 plus extras (flights, mechanics etc) comes to £7500 a meeting 

£7500 divided by £25 entry fee = 300 people through the gate just to pay for Artem and that’s before all other costs, the other 6 riders plus stadium hire etc.

But that then got me thinking there is no entry fees when riding away so that’s another £7500 on the above assumptions so you’d need 600 people per home meeting to cover home and away costs for a number 1.

Now I have no idea how accurate the above figure is, nor am I saying anything against the riders as they have big expenses but it just made me realise how difficult it really is for these promoters. 

I should think a lot of people will now see why Laguta mostly only rode home matches for Lynn and Peterborough.

17 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I should think a lot of people will now see why Laguta mostly only rode home matches for Lynn and Peterborough.

So would  he be a good signing .NO..

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Only due to a straight jacket the sport has put in itself! Crazy!

Absolutely, without a doubt...

Not many cards left to play you would think, given the almost knee jerk changes to its very existence that it demonstrates each season...

A very (self inflicted to be fair in so many ways) thin ice on which to keep skating on, having to build a sport season after season..

Five year plan anyone? :D

3 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

Thats also not true

7 hours ago, TTT said:

Some advice for you considering that you're a new member.

If you can't accept opinions that don't blow smoke up club bosses / promoters backsides then this forum isn't for you.

This forum doesn't live in a fantasy world where it see's no wrong in club bosses and the sport as a whole, This forum is the complete opposite and members will speak the truth and call out the nonsense that promoters spout.

You cant throw around financial numbers and names like Zmarzlik only to deliver nothing so far.

Tell me which club boss / promoter are you referring to? Who is throwing around financial numbers? The only place I have seen Zmarlik’s name crop up is on this forum?