British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I was asking what Personal decide.BSPA or Certain Individuals given the task agreed by the Promotions.We all know hard and fast rules are on a fag  packet somewhere.

You probably know who decides as well as I do, or even next door neighbour's pet dog does.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

….and this shows the depths we have stooped to, when a team signs some riders they are expecting to be missing that they are already checking to see if Chris Harris’ average fits and if he can guest.

I’m a big fan of shared roles in teams. Teams should have been able to have one shared position in a team, if they wished. That would have likely opened the flood gates abit more for the likes of Laguta and not make Milik etc seem a poor signing. 

I often think that Sweden is a much better gauge for how they are likely to perform in the UK. Piotr could be a cracking signing although he’s liable to a crash or two. Milik had big promise about 10 years ago but has failed to live up to that and I’ll be amazed if he averages above 7.

They should  have signed 1 and 5 first and built  the team round those 2.They would  have had more choice  then..As it stands this team isnt good enough..

30 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

They should  have signed 1 and 5 first and built  the team round those 2.They would  have had more choice  then..As it stands this team isnt good enough..

I agree with that. FWIW Milik isn’t the disastrous signing of this side - that is Lampart. Milik has now been labelled as a heat leader because of everyone that came before him.

If they are forking out for flights etc already for Lampart then they would have been better off using that for someone a damn sight lot better as they had the points spare to do so. Zengota, Smektala, Woryna, Lyager, Huckenbeck etc are all examples of someone who would have been far better than Lampart.

• Like 1

Guaranteed to be winners of the Wooden Spoon with the present 7 riders, the BSPL have even inflated the averages of 2 riders Milik and Lampart to make Birmingham look stronger than what they actually are, this team is simply not good enough and anyone that thinks it is needs to think again. It's admirable that the few Brummie supporters that come on here say that they at least have a team to watch, may I say Speedway is a Sport and as such it's competitive every rider want's to win, most supporters want to watch a winning Team, This team will not bring new fans through the gates, not many Wolves or Cradley fans will come over to watch a Team struggle to win a home meeting, and dare I say this team will also impact on other Teams when Birmingham are the visitors.

I fear for Birmingham Speedway because this Team needs leaders, Heat leaders and I can only see one of them, if they can get through the season that will be an achievement in itself.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I agree with that. FWIW Milik isn’t the disastrous signing of this side - that is Lampart. Milik has now been labelled as a heat leader because of everyone that came before him.

If they are forking out for flights etc already for Lampart then they would have been better off using that for someone a damn sight lot better as they had the points spare to do so. Zengota, Smektala, Woryna, Lyager, Huckenbeck etc are all examples of someone who would have been far better than Lampart.

Yeah .True ..

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It actually suits Birmingham for their riders to be on these averages rather than Pawlicki (7.32), Milk (5.67) & Lampart (5.00) as it means if anyone is missing they'll be able to use stronger guests or r/r. Plus Z.Cook at reserve could be a real trump card.

However I don't understand how they can increase the averages of Pawlicki & Milik, but decrease Janowski's, while Pedersen, Kasprzak & Woffinden returned on their old averages. Should rules not be consistent for all?

Come on now...

How long have you been following UK Speedway?

You know better than to ask questions like that.. ;):D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Does anyone know why the last 2 signings are 7.5 when that is not their true average.

Is it so an 8.25 averaged rider can be used as guest at home?

Edit or is it 7.87? 

Either way, especially for Milik, a good improvement...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

SCB Regs:

"010.2.3 Amended MA’s
With the approval of the BSP LTD GC or Directors for: -
a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for
more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)"

That’s the problem right there!

11 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Is it so an 8.25 averaged rider can be used as guest at home?

Think you could well be right . They were clearly struggling so I wonder if they’ve been given a bit of a helping hand here? 

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It actually suits Birmingham for their riders to be on these averages rather than Pawlicki (7.32), Milk (5.67) & Lampart (5.00) as it means if anyone is missing they'll be able to use stronger guests or r/r. Plus Z.Cook at reserve could be a real trump card.

However I don't understand how they can increase the averages of Pawlicki & Milik, but decrease Janowski's, while Pedersen, Kasprzak & Woffinden returned on their old averages. Should rules not be consistent for all?

5 hours ago, Najjer said:

….and this shows the depths we have stooped to, when a team signs some riders they are expecting to be missing that they are already checking to see if Chris Harris’ average fits and if he can guest.

I’m a big fan of shared roles in teams. Teams should have been able to have one shared position in a team, if they wished. That would have likely opened the flood gates abit more for the likes of Laguta and not make Milik etc seem a poor signing. 

I often think that Sweden is a much better gauge for how they are likely to perform in the UK. Piotr could be a cracking signing although he’s liable to a crash or two. Milik had big promise about 10 years ago but has failed to live up to that and I’ll be amazed if he averages above 7.

How can this show "the depths Birmingham have stopped to" they didn't decide the riders averages, that was the BSPL (management committee maybe).

I merely pointed out it could suit the Brummies.

I don't thinkbany of these riders are poor signings. I just think the team is structured wrong. That top 2 are good riders. Zach cook is good. Worrall isn't bad either. Brennan is a good young rider too. The lampart gamble is OK. It's just a team with say pawlicki, milik, schlien, Worrall, cook, flint + whatever fits would have more ballance.

This just feels like a load of riders chucked together. 

I hope they do well and hope they draw a crowd though.

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Does anyone know why the last 2 signings are 7.5 when that is not their true average.

As mentioned before, it's so better guests are available when they go AWOL for whatever random reason. 

Laguta / King's Lynn set a precedent for this last season 

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

Guaranteed to be winners of the Wooden Spoon with the present 7 riders, the BSPL have even inflated the averages of 2 riders Milik and Lampart to make Birmingham look stronger than what they actually are, this team is simply not good enough and anyone that thinks it is needs to think again. It's admirable that the few Brummie supporters that come on here say that they at least have a team to watch, may I say Speedway is a Sport and as such it's competitive every rider want's to win, most supporters want to watch a winning Team, This team will not bring new fans through the gates, not many Wolves or Cradley fans will come over to watch a Team struggle to win a home meeting, and dare I say this team will also impact on other Teams when Birmingham are the visitors.

I fear for Birmingham Speedway because this Team needs leaders, Heat leaders and I can only see one of them, if they can get through the season that will be an achievement in itself.

Its not just the impact on Birmingham speedway, when this side travels how many fans might decide to stay home rather than watch a very one sided affair? There will always be happy clappers but there are an awful lot of spectators who wish to be entertained. There will also be other promotions who aren't relishing the costs of facing and soundly beating Brum.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Its not just the impact on Birmingham speedway, when this side travels how many fans might decide to stay home rather than watch a very one sided affair? There will always be happy clappers but there are an awful lot of spectators who wish to be entertained. There will also be other promotions who aren't relishing the costs of facing and soundly beating Brum.

Brum may get 4 reasonable gates when Woffinden & Sayfutdinov roll in to town but the other clubs offer nothing for the home fans to get up for if they're getting wolloped week in week out

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

As mentioned before, it's so better guests are available when they go AWOL for whatever random reason. 

Laguta / King's Lynn set a precedent for this last season 

Kennett at Plymouth the previous season was another 

20 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I can only speak for myself of course but seeing some different riders will make me go and see Brum this coming year, Milik and Pawlicki have been good value at Lynn in the past.