British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

9 hours ago, Najjer said:

Absolutely correct - the red ‘B’ all over the legs makes you feel abit like you’re tripping and is abit of a design mess. 

Pawlicki not being there isn’t a surprise at all and has made Rogers look even more stupid than normal.

Fed up of 'Roger's' B/S season after season!!!

So....B'ham had a 'fans meeting' last night?

What is the new date for 'practice'?

Surely they're not going in to the season without testing the track etc....?

51 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

It will most likely be Lingdren? 

Hope so! We host Birmingham in a couple of weeks. Lindgren vs Doyle and Emil would be fantastic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hope so! We host Birmingham in a couple of weeks. Lindgren vs Doyle and Emil would be fantastic. 

Better than, erm, Scott Nicholls vs Doyle and Emil?

12 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Better than, erm, Scott Nicholls vs Doyle and Emil?

For me yes. Nicholls though tbf guested at Foxhall last year and beat Doyle once and Emil twice and was great value!

• Like 1

Starting nearly 4 points under the limit it shocking, even for a Rodger’s built side

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DJC said:

Starting nearly 4 points under the limit it shocking, even for a Rodger’s built side

So which rabbit would you pull out of the hat that could ride Oxford as well as scotty at such short notice?whilst he may not be a premiership no1 any more, I'd say he's probably your best option, especially at Oxford   brum and maybe/ probably ippo

Posted (edited)

Well.... I have to say that I'm very pleased with the 'temporary' signing of Scott! I'm a big fan of his professionalism!

I predict that he'll be our top scorer in all of our meetings....whether that is double figures remains to be seen!

You never know....he might just end up staying!? :t:

Edited by GiveusaB

Posted (edited)

Scott is universally liked and you know he'll give it everything,  under the circumstances best that could happen at this late notice. Just shows the poor team building of this team, as has been said, not building around a decent number one was almost guaranteed to have this effect.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Scotty saving Rodger's backside for a couple of weeks, But the short term deal only papers over the glaringly obvious cracks that will eventually unfold.

Scotty will be fully committed to his Eurosport/Discovery punditry work once the TV meetings start so Rodger's will have to look for a long term replacement for Pawlicki now rather than sitting around waiting for everything to officially go belly up because most Speedway fans know that the chances of Pawlicki showing up at all are minimal at best.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, therefused said:

Genuinely wonder how he is still employed 

Nothing seems to be simple with this Promotion.

Just as a point of interest ???

Pawliki 'ONLY' has a pulled muscle...'SUPPOSEDLY'?

So, with B'ham having no chance at all at getting anything from Oxford (Thursday)....why didnt Pawliki just do an Eddie Kennett ?

B'ham could use a guest facility after that?

I'm not suggesting that Nicholls isnt a good move though!?