British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies 2024...

6 hours ago, Spidvej said:

Very True

Gonna be a few strange weeks at Cowley for sure :

Weds Night - C’mon Cheetahs fans, a round of applause for your number 1,  John Smith ! 

Thurs Night -  A big welcome to Leicester number 1, and of course, Cheetahs favourite, John Smith, who captains Leicester against the Spires tonight ! 

We will see that at Crowley a few times in 2024…Try explaining it to casual fans and also younger fans…

Tbh, I wouldn't expect many of the Cheetahs to have Prem slots, I'd plan to use Masters & Jenkins in both teams & it's possible none of the others would get a doubling up spot elsewhere, maybe Boughen?

Edited by szkocjasid

32 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Tbh, I wouldn't expect many of the Cheetahs to have Prem slots, I'd plan to use Masters & Jenkins in both teams & it's possible none of the others would get a doubling up spot elsewhere, maybe Boughen?

I thought Boughen would have been in at Sheffield after all the guest bookings this year but seems silly not to use him in both (or all 3 leagues!).

Jenkins at 6 would give more room for a power house top 5 assuming he would get the 25% reduction Brennan etc got last year for moving out of the RS position

I'm sure Birmingham could find plenty of second strings & reserves to race for them, I just hope they have a top heat leader to lead the team & (hopefully) bring in the crowds.

• Like 1

Nigel states that B'ham are not entering the League just to make the numbers up? talks with rider targets have taken place prior to stadium confirmation?

I think the first signing will/should be the Team Manager ?

14 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Nigel states that B'ham are not entering the League just to make the numbers up? talks with rider targets have taken place prior to stadium confirmation?

It's like turning the clock back 12 months...when we were promised a team that would make it into the play-off's. Agree though, a top-flight team manager is needed. SpeedwayMainManFan can the concentrate on the junior commitments that ALL (apparently) teams have to contribute towards, which is what he enjoys doing anyway.

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

But there could be quite a few Spires riders with other Champ slots, which is just as strange, no? Harris could be riding for the Spires and then against the Cheetahs for Glasgow etc.

On 11/18/2023 at 9:44 AM, OGT said:

Will Prem speedway be enough bring the lost fans back to PB? Will Wolves fans come over in droves? 

It'll be interesting to say the least. 

For me yes, already waiting to get a season ticket. After many years of only one or two meetings a season 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 1:29 PM, The Dog said:

No point in having the top riders if you can't park anywhere or see the track when you get there 

The stadium has a certain amount of parking, along with a near by railway station, and several bus routes stopping right out side stadium or a few minutes walk away.

Aston Villa get over 40,000 on a Thursday for a Euro game with pretty much the same available parking and they all manage to find parking in the local area. 

As for parking and seeing the track i have watched the last heat at the Isle of Wright from the top deck of the bus before it headed off to the ferry,  I'm sure you could get a view over Perry Barr from a number 33 bus:) 

Edited by FatJensen
Typossss

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Get the best, Neil Middleditch, even if it's only via zoom or such like. He's a Blue and White manager, but it's got to be worth trying to tempted him to have a go elsewhere. 

As a side using remote translate technology a long side zoom you could speak to riders in there only language almost instantly, not just in pigeon brummie. :o     

Edited by FatJensen

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Having a guess here 

Musaliek

Brennan

Harris 

Worrall 

Masters 

Ellis 

Flint 

Don’t think that team will bring many fans. Needs riders who will get fans excited.. we have sign him once when he was young, surely go for him again bartosz zmarzlik. Also would take Freddie. Would take Brennan and flint down at reserve. 

Isn't British speedway a joke..we've lost 2 clubs in our tinpot league...who would like to enter?.. doesn't matter where you finished in the league or anything like that..it's just to make up the numbers...oh and let's all now go to Tenerife to get p##### and pat ourselves on the back!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I would suggest the Team Manager needs to be the first signing, I can't see any point in signing 7 riders then get a manager who may or may not fancy certain riders, I'v said before Rosco would be the man to get Brum moving in an upwards direction, he is a 4 time winner of British Speedway's top league as a manager, and were I Nigel Tolley I would be getting myself down to Rosco's pub and would'nt leave until I had got my man.

• Like 2