British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

If picko doesn't go back could Edinburgh be struggling for a genuine no.1? Sure Richie was the natural target, but could you be looking at Risd, sedgy & Thomson as HLs? 

12 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Hook’s average can’t drop below 4 as far as I’m aware. And where do you get that average for Clegg from? I’m sure he’s 4.21 or around that. 

I think had this discussion earlier somewhere, that's what cleggs average has been since signed with Edinburgh (dunno if in the program or something keeps coming up). As you say he's 4.21 as per final averages on bspl website 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If picko doesn't go back could Edinburgh be struggling for a genuine no.1? Sure Richie was the natural target, but could you be looking at Risd, sedgy & Thomson as HLs? 

Spot on with this, I’d imagine. 

And I’d be happy with Connor Coles. Did well at Armadale this year! 

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If Josh is doing championship, would hope he would be back with us in addition to Erik.

Sedgy can be oncomsistent.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

If Josh is doing championship, would hope he would be back with us in addition to Erik.

Sedgy can be oncomsistent.

Too true re sedgy. Hadn't seen his name linked anywhere, being northern based felt like made sense back to Edinburgh. But if josh back n choice is between Riss and sedgy only one choice to be made 

1 hour ago, bigred said:

should be Jacob hook 3.31,max clegg 2.36 # 6&7..Both good at home and what bargain averages.cleggy could/should double that ..

I don’t think Clegg is as low as that but I’d be steering clear unless we’re very desperate 

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I think had this discussion earlier somewhere, that's what cleggs average has been since signed with Edinburgh (dunno if in the program or something keeps coming up). As you say he's 4.21 as per final averages on bspl website 

It also shows that his rolling average is 2.32 as 2021 meetings should no longer contribute to it. I’m sure the BSPA won’t allow nearly 2 points to be shaved off his average for team building purposes though.

IMG_9833.thumb.jpeg.ea3be046191883f2540599e1ed940972.jpeg

45 minutes ago, GM95 said:

It also shows that his rolling average is 2.32 as 2021 meetings should no longer contribute to it. I’m sure the BSPA won’t allow nearly 2 points to be shaved off his average for team building purposes though.

Depends what team you are what his average is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GM95 said:

Clegg rode 7 league matches this year, plus 2 for Leicester in 2022, so his 4.21 average must be a 17 match rolling ave (counting 8 from 2021).

Once he rides a match in 2024 (if he does) he should then drop those 8 2021 matches & his average would swiftly drop. But I'm 99.9% sure his 4.21 average (4.10 with Brit reduction) will stay there till he rides again.

I actually don't think Clegg is on too bad an average tbh. He's managed to drop if from 5.36 to 4.21 despite riding very few matches. Someone like Matthew Wethers is much worse off, stuck on a 6.47 ave after Newcastle's fixtures were removed. Does anyone know if he still wants to ride?

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I actually don't think Clegg is on too bad an average tbh. He's managed to drop if from 5.36 to 4.21 despite riding very few matches. Someone like Matthew Wethers is much worse off, stuck on a 6.47 ave after Newcastle's fixtures were removed. Does anyone know if he still wants to ride?

Clegg struggled at number 7 last season but would probably average around 4 in a weaker league. If we sign him then we need to optimise the opportunity of having an extra couple of points to use, we could give Mickie a couple of meetings then bring Bastian / Jacob in when Cleggs average drops

Edited by GM95

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

At Armadale last season (helping Troy Batchelor) Matty said he had his gear ready, just no-one had asked him!

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

At Armadale last season (helping Troy Batchelor) Matty said he had his gear ready, just no-one had asked him!

Would be happy to see Wethers return to Armadale

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Should have been the other way round……..lol

• Haha 1