British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

40 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Forget about Riss, as he might give the Championship a complete miss next year, and only ride in the Premiership, plus Polish League with Landshut, and more long-track racing on the Continent.

Don't see him getting a Premiership place.

Only Birmingham now needing riders and I cannot see them taking Riss. 

• Like 1

Noticed also that he clocked up 20 bonus points from 14 matches which is pretty impressive.  A very promising looking RS and best of luck to him at this level.  He will learn a lot in a short time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Interesting no mention of him being an academy rider too. I’d have thought that would be a given. 

Owned by Leicester.

On 12/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, TTT said:

1. Pickering 8.63

2. Hook 4.00

3. Riss 7.35

4. Castagna 5.30

5. Sedgmen 7.69

6. Coles 2.63

7. James 2.00

0.40 left a perfect fit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

0.40 left a perfect fit.

It is. I do wonder whether they’ll do all they can to squeeze Borke in though. Lasse’s average isn’t too appealing this season sadly so he might miss out 

22 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

It is. I do wonder whether they’ll do all they can to squeeze Borke in though. Lasse’s average isn’t too appealing this season sadly so he might miss out 

I’d try my best to squeeze him in at reserve if possible. Feel if you went Coles and James as suggested above would be too weak.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

I’d try my best to squeeze him in at reserve if possible. Feel if you went Coles and James as suggested above would be too weak.

I'd say stronger than pooles rumoured reserve pairing of Perry and hagon

2 hours ago, Bavarian said:

:rolleyes:

He’s right? KL, BV, Ippo, Sheff, Leicester, Oxford have all named their teams. Birmingham have named 3 riders, and all 3 aren’t heat leaders, I suppose if they’ve got a big top 3 lined up Riss may be in, but I can’t see it. 

On 12/5/2023 at 12:04 PM, TTT said:

1. Pickering 8.63

2. Hook 4.00

3. Riss 7.35

4. Castagna 5.30

5. Sedgmen 7.69

6. Coles 2.63

7. 2.40 left

I think this would be better if Kye could show a bit more of the form which led to that 15 point maximum against Berwick and the 11 points from 4 rides against Plymouth but i would understand if others don't agree with me because he was so inconsistent during 2023: 

1   Pickering   8.63

2   Borke/Hook/Fredricksen/Joe Thompson                          

3   Thomson   6.48

4   Castagna   5.30

5   Riss   7.35

6   Coles 2.63

7   James 2.00       

I wouldn't take Sedgman if i was the team manager as he's just not a heat leader imo. I wouldn't be confident putting him out in Heat 13 against the likes of Oxford who track Masters and Nicholls at 1 and 5.         

Edited by Nickinho

22 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

He’s right? KL, BV, Ippo, Sheff, Leicester, Oxford have all named their teams. Birmingham have named 3 riders, and all 3 aren’t heat leaders, I suppose if they’ve got a big top 3 lined up Riss may be in, but I can’t see it. 

All I know is that Erik had talks with the Birmingham management, but I don't know how it went.   

28 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I think this would be better if Kye could show a bit more of the form which led to that 15 point maximum against Berwick and the 11 points from 4 rides against Plymouth but i would understand if others don't agree with me because he was so inconsistent during 2023: 

1   Pickering   8.63

2   Borke/Hook/Fredricksen/Joe Thompson                          

3   Thomson   6.48

4   Castagna   5.30

5   Riss   7.35

6   Coles 2.63

7   James 2.00       

I wouldn't take Sedgman if i was the team manager as he's just not a heat leader imo. I wouldn't be confident putting him out in Heat 13 against the likes of Oxford who track Masters and Nicholls at 1 and 5.         

Although not every team will have the quality of a Masters & Nicholls at 1 and 5 your point about Sedgmen is possibly a fair reflection on more recent past performances for Edinburgh.    However without the option of either Riss or Sedgmen there are no other obvious candidates who fill that heat leader spot.  Thoughts stray to perhaps an overseas import ?     Seem to recall that Kevin Wolbert ended 2016 on an 8.00 GSA ?  ( TBC ) just as an example - but that may not be feasible for various reasons.  All just speculation anyway - it has probably all been done and dusted and kept under wraps until announcement time.