British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

Picko 100% back in 2024 with Edinburgh, it’ll be a bit of a tail between the legs return after pricing himself out of the Polish 1st and 2nd divisions 

Edited by 4BM

49 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Picko 100% back in 2024 with Edinburgh, it’ll be a bit of a tail between the legs return after pricing himself out of the Polish 1st and 2nd divisions 

Pricing? Really!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickinho said:

Heat 13: Edinburgh 1 - 5 Glasgow -- Harris 3 Worrall 2* Riss 1 Sedgman 0

Heat 15 Edinburgh 1 - 5 Glasgow -- Worral 3 Harris 2* Sedgman 1 Riss 0

That's the reality if Sedgman and Riss are the two heat leaders next season.

I have no doubt Monarchs top 2 would be one of the weaker combinations if it is Sedgmen / Riss. BUT in "my team" Monarchs could have a reserve stronger than 4 of Glasgow's riders, 3 or 4 of Oxford's riders & 3 of Poole's riders for example.

2 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

At least Max James is a fresh face so far, and that's a plus.  The surprise could actually be that there no surprises, but have a feeling there may be at least one, otherwise what would be the "exciting news" that was promised earlier ?

Is that a plus? While Max is promising, it's probably gonna be a season too early for him to step up & I think he'll have the lowest NL ave of any 2.00 riders stepping up this year. 

So Monarchs could once again have the weakest rider in the league riding for them. Is it worth having a "fresh face" if they're out of their depth.

For Max & Edinburgh's sake I hope the step up isn't too much for him.

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Is that a plus? While Max is promising, it's probably gonna be a season too early for him to step up & I think he'll have the lowest NL ave of any 2.00 riders stepping up this year. 

So Monarchs could once again have the weakest rider in the league riding for them. Is it worth having a "fresh face" if they're out of their depth.

For Max & Edinburgh's sake I hope the step up isn't too much for him.

You have got to remember this is why the League was watered down to bring young talent, he will be racing other young talent,time will tell who makes the most progress.Someone has to have ‘ the lowest average’. 

Sedgy is not a number one. Didn’t set the heather  on fire his second spell for us. Great on his day but lacks consistency.

26 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You have got to remember this is why the League was watered down to bring young talent, he will be racing other young talent,time will tell who makes the most progress.Someone has to have ‘ the lowest average’. 

So true - and of course we must also point out that " The longest journey begins with the first small step - aha ...aha ." 

( Lao Tzu Reid Brothers )  Adapted quote  :t:

14 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Sedgy is not a number one. Didn’t set the heather  on fire his second spell for us. Great on his day but lacks consistency.

You be hopeful that Pickering returns then.Would agree regarding Sedgy,hot and cold.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

You be hopeful that Pickering returns then.Would agree regarding Sedgy,hot and cold.

Hope so. Would take Riss or Wolbert too.

Edited by Endeavour
Additional word

6 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Hope so. Would take Riss or Wolbert too.

Kevin Wolbert was certainly on my wish list when first heard about the "exciting news".   Now that would be exciting - maybe not very likely ?

2 hours ago, 4BM said:

Is he?

Pricing himself out of Poland then what do you think he’s doing in the championship? 

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Is he?

Pricing himself out of Poland then what do you think he’s doing in the championship? 

Attempting to price himself out.?

20 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Kevin Wolbert was certainly on my wish list when first heard about the "exciting news".   Now that would be exciting - maybe not very likely ?

That would be great……………..we need someone to boo at Ashfield……lol

Nathan Ablitt recently said in the Speedway Star that Armadale was jos favourite track, if he's not back at Scunthorpe could he be a possible number 6?

Connor Coles would still be my first choice.