British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Where’s that being reported?

It’s not, not happening!

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Be difficult when he hasn’t actually signed for them. 

I'm not sure Josh was too impressed with the situation Cookie left him and the rest of the team in last season so i'd be surprised if he wanted to ride with him again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Is he?

Pricing himself out of Poland then what do you think he’s doing in the championship? 

The Championship is all that’s left to him now unless he signs a Warsaw contract in Poland hoping to get a team spot when the window opens again 

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

I'm not sure Josh was too impressed with the situation Cookie left him and the rest of the team in last season so i'd be surprised if he wanted to ride with him again.

Josh maybe not an out and out number one but we need him back. He is an entertainer. A bit underwhelmed when you see a lot of teams are well on their way to completing or have completed their line ups.

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

The fishing times lol

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

At least Max James is a fresh face so far, and that's a plus.  The surprise could actually be that there no surprises, but have a feeling there may be at least one, otherwise what would be the "exciting news" that was promised earlier ?

The "exciting news" is that the snack bar is keeping prices at 2023 levels next season.

32 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

The "exciting news" is that the snack bar is keeping prices at 2023 levels next season.

Hope Ashfield follow their lead.

• Haha 2

I've had a couple of Morgan's Spiced rums tonight but how about this for a new look team for 2024?

1 Pickering - 8.63

2 Roynon - 3.42

3 Riss - 7.35

4 Thomson - 6.48

5 Howarth - 7.76

6 Hodder - 2.00

7 James - 2.00

Total points - 37.64

*I know Roynon isn't ideal in the main body of the side but he does know Armadale well after riding for the Academy side last year and he would free up room to allow for the possibility of four heat leaders in a weaker league and seeing as Poole are tracking a couple of 2-point riders I'd be prepared to see Hodder and James given a chance at 6 and 7. After last season what is there to lose?

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

If the snack van would take card payments, that would be exciting news.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I've had a couple of Morgan's Spiced rums tonight but how about this for a new look team for 2024?

1 Pickering - 8.63

2 Roynon - 3.42

3 Riss - 7.35

4 Thomson - 6.48

5 Howarth - 7.76

6 Hodder - 2.00

7 James - 2.00

Total points - 37.64

*I know Roynon isn't ideal in the main body of the side but he does know Armadale well after riding for the Academy side last year and he would free up room to allow for the possibility of four heat leaders in a weaker league and seeing as Poole are tracking a couple of 2-point riders I'd be prepared to see Hodder and James given a chance at 6 and 7. After last season what is there to lose?

Max clegg @ 2.64 (roughly)should be a must have.yes he had a shocker the last couple of seasons for 1 reason or another BUT look at his NL scores for Edinburgh the end of last year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Felt paco got a bit more consistent as the season went on. Done his job as a 2nd string imo. As a heat leader kye should be going out and winning races if not getting 2nd places. Too many lasts and thirds last year.

Think a lot of Monarchs fans are blinded by Castagna's likeable character and ignore that he first rode the UK in 2015 & has hardly progressed.

IMO he is at best a journeyman, one line performer (get's a nose bleed trying the outside:P) & we should be looking to recruit someone with more potential for 2024,

• Like 2